Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, January 02, 2021

New Pot Holders

 Happy to say I got to walk outside this morning!
The temperature warmed up to 40 and all the ice melted.
It was a cloudy morning and at times very windy.
Sunrise 7:38

Had to stop on the way to town to let a rabbit cross the road.
He almost didn't make it. 

Walked all around town, including the cemeteries and
the ball park.  Went to the industrial park too.

I see this cat once in a while.  He lives across from the cemetery.

Finally saw someone else out walking - a man and his dog, who
I see every once in while.
(a different man than the one with the friendly little dog)

Sure was nice walking outside.
Walked 6.2 miles

☁️    🙂    ☁️

We went to the Dollar General again so we could use the $5 off coupon.
 I have used Bounty paper towels for as long as I can remember.
Have tried cheaper brands but they never worked as good.
Since they were out of Bounty I bought a brand called Viva which I
remember from years ago and didn't even know they still made them.
Well, these paper towels are terrific and I like them better.
They are more like cloth!!

I also saw some nice pot holders while looking around and
bought 4 for my collection which I hang in the kitchen on the
wall up near the ceiling.

Last evening we heard something that we thought was a big limb
falling from a tree but in the dark couldn't see anything.
Today we noticed that it was more than a limb but the whole tree.
Ken had marked it with pink tape as one that he had to take down
and you can see the tape on it.

Ken and I use the second bedroom in our house as a shared office.
I spent some time this afternoon straightening out my half of the
room and cleaning out my desk and getting things organized
again.  Ken saw I how nice my half looked and he has decided
to do the same to his side tomorrow. 😀

So that's been my day so far on this second day of 2021.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Tom - It took us 3 days to do yesterday's puzzle. 
Anni - Yes, I have a rolling pin collection and I do use them.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm glad to hear that you set such a nice example! Your header image is beautiful.

Sandi said...

Paper towels at Dollar General? Are they $1 per roll? Funny question, I know, but I spend a small fortune on them and have never thought of going there.

NanaDiana said...

I have used Viva for years and always buy in bulk when they are on sale. I use less paper towels with them than I do with any other brand.
Glad you got your walk in. I am using a treadmill in our garage every day. With hubby's health I don't dare be gone too long for a walk outside. xo Diana

Rose said...

I will have to try Viva again...I think I used to use it sometimes. I like your potholders you bought...specially the roosters, but then I really like the other two, too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You will have to post a picture of your hot pad collection. You have the most interesting things in your home. :-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have been stuck on Bounty paper towels as well.maybe I'll have to try Viva. Lovely potholders.

Granny Marigold said...

Nice new pot holders. That reminds me that I took down my Christmas pot holders but haven't put any others up so tomorrow...
Recently I bought a package of 6 big rolls of Bounty paper towels which will probably last me 2 years. I use and re-use old rags if I possibly can so I don't go through the paper ones very quickly. But I'll try to remember about the Viva brand.
Have a lovely Sunday.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Why can't rabbits use the proper crossing places instead of just running across? Have they never heard of the chicken crossing the road?

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

That tree is a four letter word! No, not T R E E , but work! Love the rooster pot holders. You're the 2nd person this morning that has been cleaning rooms. Hmmm, maybe I should too.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The weather was nice for a walk outside here too. Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a great new week ahead!The tree coming down saved Ken some work, now it just needs to be chopped up. The paper towels sounds great, I remember the Viva brand. I like the cute potholders.

Vee said...

Nice to have good walking weather again. How far is the Dollar General from home? Any possibility of walking and meeting Ken there? Thanks for the tip about Viva. I am a Bounty Select-a-size gal, but in these weird times, Bounty has not always been available, along with a whole lot of things. It's kind of cool that the tree already marked is down. A little less work for Ken.

Inger said...

You just reminded me that I ordered a puzzle from Amazon, it should be here any day now. A friend of mine loves puzzles and filled me in on the good brand and some other things. I hope I got an easy one for starters. Happy New Year to you and Ken. You are an inspiration. For getting up and out to walk.

Bill said...

Glad the tree didn't hit anything except the ground. Nice header, it's a beauty.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased that tree didn't hit anything when it fell!
Your new potholders look nice.

Enjoy the New Year, it seems to be going quickly already!

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

Love those pot holders.

ellen b. said...

A very productive day for both of you. Wow...good call on flagging that tree. How fun to find those new pot holders. Nice and tidy office...I need to do that!

Debi said...

Glad you finally got to walk outside. My husband just ordered us microspikes to put on the bottom of our boots so that we can walk when it is slippery without fear of falling. I hope they work! I like shopping at the Dollar General too but I've not ever seen the coupons.