Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, January 01, 2021

All put away

 Icy conditions kept me walking in the basement again and it
doesn't look good for tomorrow either with a coating of ice
over everything.

Another train layout picture.

Walked 6 miles in three sessions.
2 1/2 miles
2 miles
1 1/2 miles

🚶‍♀️    🚂    🙂

I stayed busy today taking down the Christmas tree and all
the other decorations and putting it all away.
I keep all the Christmas stuff in these stacked shaker boxes which
stay in the corner of the dining area.  Very convenient.

I opened the back door for Ken and he threw the tree
out back in the snow. We'll burn it one of these days.

Nice to get the house back to normal once again.

The latest puzzle was finished today too.

Haven't started the first new one yet but I'm sure it won't be long.

I made a Broccoli and Rice Casserole for supper tonight.
It's quick, easy, and good.

Wanted to get some reading done today but never got around to it.
I'll find some time this evening to do that.

That's pretty much my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
HAPPY NEW YEAR.

👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Approach the New Year with resolve
to find the opportunities hidden in each new day.
- Michael Josephson

Comment Replies:
Vee - Yes, we did have whipped cream on our ice cream last night and even put a cherry on top. 

17 comments:

Rose said...

I love those stacked Shaker boxes...beautiful and useful.

That's a pretty puzzle, too.

Tom said...

...Ken amazes me with his details. If your collection of Shaker boxes was larger you would have to raise the ceiling. Hoe long did it take you to finish this puzzle? Stay healthy in 2021.

Hootin Anni said...

That puzzle is gorgeous!! And, do I see a collection of rolling pins? How unique...I know you have a cooking/baking blog. Do you use them?

William Kendall said...

Happy New year!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love those Shaker boxes and what a fun, decorative and convenient way to store your Christmas stuff. Great puzzle too and I always love see Ken's train layout. I am wondering if his layout is based on a particular town or location where you have lived. Glad you new year is going well so far! See you again soon.

ellen b. said...

What a fun way to store your Christmas decor! Love that. Nice new scene from Ken's train layout. I like that puzzle! I worked a bit on our latest one today. I put away one bin of our Christmas decor. I hope to have it all down by next weekend when we'll have an early birthday dinner for our Colville kids. Tomorrow is Saturday...it's been hard for me to keep track this week.

Vee said...

It is nice to get things back in order. However, my tree just got decorated a few days before Christmas so I am not quite ready yet. Bet that whipped cream and cherry tasted especially good on your ice cream. I have two tubs of ice cream to eat (leftovers from Christmas. I always buy too much food.

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a pretty way to store the Christmas ornaments! Have a Happy New Year.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy New Year.

God bless.

Bill said...

The shaker boxes are nice. Love the picture of the puzzle. We are having broccoli on pizza tonight.
Have a wonderful day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Karen and Ken. Hope 2021 is a better year. I like your latest Puzzle- that is a lovely Watermill Scene. Best Wishes. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The train display looks awesome! The shaker boxes look pretty stacked in the corner. I love the puzzle picture of the Mill! I am hoping for a warmer sunny day. Have a happy weekend!

Joyce F said...

That's a really pretty puzzle. I like the way your store your Christmas decorations.

Granny Marigold said...

Better let Ken know that his people are NOT maintaining social distance.

The Furry Gnome said...

Ken's trains include a lot more than trains!

Jeanette said...

That is such a great way to store Christmas decorations! Hiding in plain sight! I need to find something like that!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your stacked shaker boxes.
The puzzle looks great.

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year.

All the best Jan