Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Trains, a blanket, and coins

 When I woke up this morning it looked like we were getting
some frozen rain so I decided to walk down in the basement.
While I was walking the rain turned to snow.
The temperature was just under freezing at 31 degrees.
Here is todays walking picture of the train layout.

Basement walk was in three parts - 2 miles, 1 mile, and 2 miles.
The last mile I walked outside while I shoveled snow.
We only got an inch or so but still went out and cleared the driveway.

After lunch we drove to church to drop off a couple of things
and to pick up a couple of things too. 
It hadn't snowed down that way.

The finished baby blanket for January.
This may be my favorite one.


Did some reading this afternoon.  Really enjoying The King of Thrones.

Hard to believe this is the last day of 2020.
We're not doing anything at all, just home as usual.
Will watch a couple episodes of Law and Order
(still no Monk) and have our dish of ice cream.  Maybe we'll
put some whipped cream on it to celebrate the new year.
We usually go to bed about 11:30 so probably will stay up till midnight.
We'll work on getting the latest puzzle done so we can
start one our new ones!

Happy New Year to all.
🎊    🎊
Wishing you a healthy 2021.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Added up all the coins I found this year on my morning walks.
$4.49

Comment Replies:
Linda - I do puzzles on line also but I do them on Jigidi. It's fun to make puzzles out of some of my own pictures I've taken. 

Melanie - Yes, Monk is coming USPS.  

18 comments:

Rose said...

You made $0.012301399 cents per day! LOL Actually it is $4.49 you would not have had had you not been walking.

I like the blanket, too. I wish I could see them all. You have sure made a lot just since I have started visiting your blog. And they are all beautiful in my humble opinion. I love the green that is used in this one.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the baby blanket, the colours are amazing.

Sending my good wishes to you and Ken.
Have a happy and healthy 2021.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like that colorful baby blanket. Happy New Year.

Tom said...

...thanks for sharing Ken's train layout. Happy New Year.

Barwitzki said...

You made a nice blanket ... I have one in the works too, but it will take a while to finish. Greetings to you I wish you a happy and healthy new year. Viola

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The train layout is just amazing. Love the pretty baby blanket.
I wish you and your family all the best in 2021, a very happy and healthy New Year!

Hootin Anni said...

As Daffy Duck says "Consequenches schmontzquenches...as long as I'm rich". And with your findings, you could buy 4 lotto tickets & have some left over! I really like the colors of your blanket ...happy New Year to you both!

KEV. Robertson. said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR Karen and Ken- stay warm there in Western Maryland. Regards.KEV.

Bill said...

Nice and colouful blanket, I like it. Another great shot of Ken's train layout, it looks so real. Happy 2021.

Jeanette said...

Happy New Year to you and yours! I love that baby blanket. All the beautiful colors! ANd I always enjoy seeing pictures of the train layout!

Inger said...

You have such a fun basement to walk in. Happy New Year to you, Ken and your family.

ellen b. said...

I guess the early bird gets the coins! I'm always amazed you find so many. Happy New Year. That is a fun baby blanket for sure. We got 7-1/2 inches of snow last Wednesday. It's melting as our temps have been above freezing. Hope 2021 is a kinder year for us all.

Vee said...

That is a wonderful, striking blanket. I like them best when there is a pattern so this one is especially pleasing to my eye.

We have no snow, rain tomorrow, some small amount of snow on Monday. It's looking like an odd-weather year so far.

Now I'm wondering if there was whipped cream on the ice cream. There was not one thing different last night to mark the New Year than any other night of the year here. That just seems wrong.

Granny Marigold said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and Ken.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen and Happy New Year to you and Ken! I love the train layout pictures you post. I think that colorful blanket is my favorite! Have a wonderful New Year's Day!

Henny Penny said...

$4.49, that's really good. Guess it pays to pick up those pennies. You do good to stay up until 11:30. We were both sleepy and in bed at 9:30. Happy New Year.

William Kendall said...

Well done on the blanket.

Hill Top Post said...

Ten cents is a good rate for the Amusement Park. Or I would like a spin around the block in one of those fancy red cars. I have told myself not to even think about spring for a long while yet, but that is exactly what that gorgeous puzzle makes me think of. I do like today's quote..."To find opportunities hidden in each day." I am writing that one down in my journal.