Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Morning Moon

 22 degrees this morning when I left the house for my walk.
It was mostly clear and a bit windy.
Took this picture of the moon from my driveway
before leaving for town.


Saw three deer cross the road in front of me on the way to town.

Walked around town and today both cemeteries and the ball park
were clear of snow so got to walk around there too.
Saw a rabbit hopping around the lower cemetery.

Walked down to the see bulls which I haven't seen for a while.
They seemed to be fine standing around there in the frozen mud.
Can't tell anymore that Farmer Marvin put concrete, gravel and LOTS
of hay down there.

Surprised to see a couple of Killdeers down by the town pond.
Didn't realized they stayed around in the winter.

Nice to see the sun again and it stayed around for a while but
later in the day it clouded up.

Walked 6.2 miles
Sunrise 7:47

🌕    🙂    🌤

Today our big day out was shopping at the Dollar General. Got things
we didn't get yesterday at the Shop and Save and also wanted to get a birthday
card for our youngest grandson Japhy, who has a birthday 
coming up in a couple of weeks.  Hard to believe he will be 15!!
He's living in Hawaii - step father in the Air Force.

Monk series still sitting in DC.  Wonder if we'll ever get it.
The puzzles we just ordered arrived today already!!
Will post pictures of them when we do them.

Also finished the latest baby blanket but haven't taken a 
picture of it yet.  Since I finished Januarys blanket early
I'm not going to start another one just yet.
Been working on a weave-it bedspread for quite a while and will
work on that for a couple of weeks before starting another baby blanket.

Got some housework done today and then read and worked
on the current puzzle.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Tina - Yes we also get DVD's from the library but sometimes have to wait a while.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...last night I tried to take a picture of the moon, it didn't turn out well. I think that I will give up trying to shoot the moon! That sure is a lovely morning sky.

Rose said...

I so like the morning moon...that is a great shot. Rained here all day.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - those are beautiful early morning pictures. We had a couple of things get delayed in the mail too. Happy Birthday to your grandson. See you again soon.

Linda said...

I love jigsaw puzzles too, but seem to be waiting for another puzzle too often. I found a website www.jigsawplanet.com where you can do online puzzles. They are a nice time filler during the day and don't take up any room on the dining room table!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Walks that start just before sunrise are my favorite. A few days ago I was walking and thinking about those who have inspired me to walk and, of course, you are one of them. I was thinking about how many miles we accumulate over the years. Then, I wondered how many years you have been doing 6 miles almost every day. Just one year would be a bit over 2000 miles. You may have walked around the planet! :-) Happy New Year to you and Ken. John

ellen b. said...

That's a dark start for your walk. Beautiful shot of the moon. I pulled out a new puzzle today with a Christmas theme that I want to bet done before Russian Christmas comes on January 7th!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Your moon shot is very pretty.

KEV. Robertson. said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you Karen and Ken.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad I saw the full moon last night because tonight it's pouring rain. I really like the photo you took of it so early this morning.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Gorgeous moon and sunrise photos. I love the cattle too, they are cute. I wish you all the best in 2021, a happy and healthy New Year.

Hootin Anni said...

What a beautiful start to your day (I leave to walk real early too) with the moon getting ready to set. Love the barn with the cattle...just a good, peaceful, comforting image.

You just ordered your puzzles & rec'd them so soon. That's great.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely photo of the moon.

God bless.

Vee said...

Personally, I think the entire country is waiting on something to arrive in the mail that has been caught up in delays. I am waiting on a washing machine part for nearly four weeks. It is a particular nightmare.

Interesting to see snow there and bare fields and yards here. I am not complaining.

Melanie said...

Lovely moon photos! I've been sick and not sticking my head out at night so I didn't even realize that there was a full moon!

Your Monk series - is it something you're expecting from USPS? I have had medication that has been in Columbus, OH since December 16 and is finally getting to me today!

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Bill said...

Love seeing the bulls. A gorgeous sunrise to start your day.
Happy New Year to you and your family.