Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Sunshine

That 40 degrees from yesterday morning didn't last long.
This morning it was back to a more normal temperature of 22 degrees.
It was windy too but it was clear and when the sun rose it stayed out.
Just a dusting of snow this morning and it had stopped when 
I started to town.

Walked through town and over to the industrial park
and all around there.

At the end of one of the courts in the industrial park
is this trail which (I think) comes out behind the ball park.
It might even be the edge of the property that is for sale
with the tree lined driveway.
Started walking the trail this morning but just had my walking
shoes on and the snow was too deep for my shoes. 
Once the snow is gone I'm going to see where it ends up.

Walked back through town and behind the house where we
used to live in town.

Sure was nice to see the sun come over the mountain and
to feel the sun on my face.

Continued my walk down the main road for a while,
then turned around and walked back to the Jeep and
there it sits all by itself in the parking lot.

Didn't see anyone else out again.
Haven't seen anyone for a while now.  

The bakery in town has a sign on the door saying they will
be closed for the holidays till Jan 5, 2021.

Happy to be outside walking and walked 6 miles.

☀️    🙂    ☀️

Shopping day at the Shop and Save.  More people there
than usual this morning.

The pile of papers that need shredding has been growing
and today I got all the shredding done.
A job I like to do!

Guess what? We started another puzzle - surprise, surprise. 😀🧩
This one is only 700 pieces.

We bought the series Monk a couple of weeks ago but
it hasn't arrived yet.  We've been watching the tracking and it
is hard to believe the places it has traveled.
For the past week it has been in DC and has just moved across town.

That's all for today.
A happy Monday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - yes,  we do puzzles over and over again. We have quite a few of them.  Ken just ordered 3 more!!

12 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sunshine always makes the world seem better.

ellen b. said...

We have a couple of seasons of Monk here. Glad you could walk your 6 miles outside today. We are expecting snow so our markets are all fuller than usual today. I'll need to pull out a puzzle since our dining room table will be free until January 10th! Great sunrise shot!

Tom said...

...we had a bit of sunshine today too. With the snow I needed my sunglass while I was driving.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I have heard good things about Monk. Maybe we will check that one out. Right now, we are still deep into The Crown. I like to shred papers too and did some shredding a few days ago. It is fun, until the shredder gets clogged. Glad you got to walk outside today. See you again tomorrow.

Granny Marigold said...

Another lovely sunrise.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The first sky shot is lovely and I love seeing the sun coming out. My hubby will burn the old paper in a little bonfire. I have seen that the show Monk is on the Hallmark Mystery and Movie channel. Nice walk!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

I never thought of saving puzzles for a repeat challenge after storing them a while. Makes sense.

Love all your pictures from your walk! The sunrise, the mystery trail, and the Jeep. Looks cold tho.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Sunshine and snow - a sign of hope.

God bless.

Tina said...

I would love to have a mountain near by. It’s so pretty there. My 10 year old son and I have started on our 3rd puzzle this month. Surprisingly, he is really enjoying them. Of course, we started small with 300 piece puzzles but I think our next on will be 500. We’ve gotten a lot of TV series from our local library. Is that an option for you? I’ve not watched all of Monk but I did like what I watched. We were able to get internet for the first time this year (we live in the sticks) so we’ve enjoyed many shows on our Amazon Prime membership. We’ve had Prime for several years and never was able to get our full benefits out of it until now. I loved the picture that your jeep was in. Have a good day.

Bill said...

I love your first photo, it's a beauty.
Enjoy your day.

Aritha V. said...

I love all you nice walking photos. Sunshine is so good for us.

Retired Knitter said...

Monk! One of my favorite series. Some them are just TOO funny! I streamed them on Netflix or Amazon. Don’t remember which. As for puzzles, I am not sure about doing them over and over again. I’ve only just gotten back to doing them again. But I suspect I will probably not repeat many of them. It is sort of like re-reading books. I don’t do that either. Too bad we don’t live closer. We could trade puzzles. That would be fun.