Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Jigsaw Puzzle Season Has Begun

 34 degrees this morning, cloudy, and windy
when I started walking.
The sky was a pretty pink color.



Walked all over the place in town as usual.
Down by the Drane house the bulls were all there
and some of the horses were by the farm pond again.


Half way into my walk I saw the first few snow flurries and 
it stayed that way for a while.
By the time I was walking around the ball park loop it was snowing.
Lena and Jim were walking there too.

I drove home in the snow, not sticking on the roads though.

Walked 6 miles

🌨    🙂    🌨

Did our regular food shopping at the Shop and Save.
Got all the groceries put away and got some other house chores done.

It snowed on and off all day.
Picture taken from the bedroom window.


We finally got some snow so 
 Jigsaw Puzzle Season has now begun.
Started one of the new ones we just bought.
(all the snowmen)

I got all the pieces right side up on the table and the border done.
Ken didn't do any of the puzzle today but does like doing them too.

If I can stay away from the puzzle this evening I'll 
read and maybe knit on my scarf. 
Or there is always weave-it squares to make.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things,
but just look what they can do when they stick together.
- Vista M Kelly

25 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a comfort it is to be working a jigsaw puzzle or knitting while the snow is falling outside! Those are the cutest little horses!
Stay warm!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

I also forgot to mention how beautiful your pink sky photos are! The sky is always such an amazing and surprising palette of color

Happy@Home said...

Beautiful pink sky and your first snowfall looks so pretty. Since we will be spending so much time at home this winter I am hoping to see a few good snowfalls. The first snow day sounds like an ideal time to start the puzzles.

Tom said...

...that sky should wake you up! We had snow today, but like you did. I still have about a week of outdoor work to do, I can wait for snow!

NanaDiana said...

Always lovely pictures and I enjoy 'walking' along with you. We had our first snowfall yesterday. I am NOT ready! xo Diana

Bettye said...

I am South of you about 20 some miles and we just got a dusting. Saw the Northern end of the County got a lot more. Your picture out the window is pretty as are the others. Love the horses. Keep warm!!

Rose said...

I am having a hard time waiting to start a puzzle. That snow is lovely....it just dresses up the simplest thing.

Love that sky....it would be fun to be able to walk to see horses!

Vee said...

I always find it odd when you have snow before I do. Glad that it is officially puzzle weather, though, as I know you love it. The photos of the sky are marvelous. Such beauty. I am usually up before sunrise and only see the palest yellow, palest pink skies.

Hill Top Post said...

The first snow! How exciting! We are enjoying beautiful weather this week, with warm days and cool nights, but I keep thinking about snow.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That snow is so pretty. Ours has almost all melted. I hoping for more snow and hope it come soon.

ellen b. said...

I've got at least 4 new puzzles ready for the winter. Your snowman puzzle sounds just right. I like seeing those little ponies. So cute. Have a good Wednesday.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Your Backyard 'Snow' photo looks very good- guess it is pretty cold now- have fun with the Puzzles.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Count the jigsaw pieces before you start.

God bless.

Sandi said...

Snow flurries!

What happened to Autumn? Or Spring and Summer for that matter...

Hootin Anni said...

Great quote & pretty from the window, looking out...but goose flesh. I'm not a snow person after 50+ years of snow living in the Colorado Rockies. Such a GRAND sunrise!!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your pink sunrise is beautiful. I love the horses, they are so cute.
We were supposed to see some snow flurries, I must have missed seeing the snow. Take care, have a happy day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful pictures! I especially like the sunrise shots. I would like to start another puzzle soon too, but Charly is using my "puzzle table" to do some "financial filing" so when he gets that done, I hope to do another puzzle. They can be addictive! Hope you have a lovely Wednesday.

Ruta M. said...

A very pretty sunrise to begin the day and then snow too. I'm glad you got home safely and could enjoy the snow from the warmth of your cosy home.

Bill said...

Puzzle season has begun, have fun!

Inger said...

Puzzles may be something for me to do as well. The first snow fell here a while ago and it made me smile.

Carolyn said...

Glad you're enjoying the snow! Your scarf is beautiful!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful dawn shots!

Luiz Gomes said...

Hi good night. All right? I want to present my Blogger on culture, travel and tourism. I would like to invite you to follow my Blogger. I'm the follower number 216.

https://viagenspelobrasilerio.blogspot.com/2020/11/oi-futuro-parte-i-rio-de-janeiro-rj.html?m=1

Michelle said...

I like those little horses. So cute to me, but we have never had any. I don't have the patience to sit and do a puzzle. Tried to a couple of years ago.

Jeanette said...

Those little horses are so cute!