Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Basement Walk

Our driveway was icy this morning and it was 20 degrees.
Ken persuaded me not to go walking so I did my walking
down in the basement doing laps around the train layout.

Walked 2 miles when I got up
2 miles after breakfast
1 mile before lunch
1 mile after lunch
Have to break it up because that's a lot of loops to walk.
Each loop is 75 steps.
No, haven't figured out how many loops it takes for 6 miles
because I don't want to know!! 🙂
It's a lot! 

I didn't get to walk around the cemeteries but did pass by
this one many times.


Well this afternoon was pretty much another puzzle one!
I did knit a little bit too.

This evening for supper I fried up some onions and red peppers
in a little olive oil.
Put them in a burrito shell with rice, salsa and a bit of sour cream.
Haven't had that in a while and it sure was good.

That's all I've got for today.
Hope your Wednesday was a good one.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future,
but from wanting to control it.
- Kahill Gibran

14 comments:

Rose said...

Do you ever listen to an audio book while walking inside? I used to listen to audio books a lot while working in the kitchen, or while sewing in the basement but have got away from it. But I am listening to An Untamed Land in the kitchen now and am enjoying it.

Tom said...

...I like to visit cemeteries and Ken's is wonderful.

Jeanette said...

Such a cute little cemetery! Definitely more fun to look at than a real one!

ellen b. said...

Great cemetery in Ken's layout! Glad you chose to be safe and walk your laps inside!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I thought about you today when we hiked. We thought it felt SO cool because it was windy. We wore long sleeves! lol And it was 73 degrees! You would have wanted to wear shorts! I hope you have good roads to get outside and walk tomorrow. I know you love the outdoors just as much as I do. Take care and enjoy your evening! Can't wait to see pics of your puzzle. Hugs!

Happy@Home said...

That is a really cool cemetery to walk by. It seems you find interesting things whether inside or out. Since we work from home I do a lot of loops around the house and on the patio daily. I work toward steps on my watch instead of miles. I never get anywhere near what you accomplish, but at least it gets me off of my office chair periodically.
Your dinner does sound tasty. I'll have to give that a try.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love seeing the scenes from Ken's train layout. It looks so interesting! Sounds like you had a nice cozy day despite the cold and icy weather outside. Your dinner sounds really yummy. See you again soon.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Did you find any pennies in the basement?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The cemetery look great in the train garden. It was cold and windy here, we did not have any snow. Your dinner sounds delicious. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

...and I don't want to control the future. (Great quote for today's times)

Ya, I bet that IS a lot of loops.

Inger said...

I didn't know you had a train layout in your basement. How I would love to walk around it. You are such an inspiration.

Bill said...

Ken's cemetery is quite impressive. The burrito sounds good, now I want one. :)

William Kendall said...

That's a neat addition to the train layout.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sensible to be safe and walk inside.
I do like Ken's cemetery layout.

All the best Jan