Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 16, 2020

Red Ford Ranger

34 degrees when I started walking this morning.
The wind has kicked up again and when the gusts came it
blew me to and fro. ๐Ÿ™‚
Was nice to see the sun though.

The wind must have kept people inside because I didn't see
anyone else out.

Walked all over the place in town and around the industrial park.
This road heads up to the school.


Along the road gives you another view of the barn where
the bulls are.
You can also see the Drane House near the farm pond.
A closer look you might be able to make out one of the cemeteries.


This is taken a little farther up the road at the school parking lot.
If you enlarge the photo, look by the church, that little dot in 
parking lot is my car a mile away.
You might not be able to make it out.
 


Walked 6 miles

๐Ÿ’จ    ๐Ÿ™‚    ☀️ 

Made fried bread for breakfast and then we went to the
Dollar General to pick up a few things that are cheaper
there than at the Shop and Save.

Did laundry but it was way too windy to hang it outside so had to
keep it inside and hang the clothes on the drying rack.

Last month I mentioned that we went to look at a new truck.
This afternoon we went back to pick up Ken's new red Ford Ranger. 
Traded the white one in.
The new truck is a bit smaller than the white one
and is a better fit in the garage.


Started knitting another scarf and this one is going to be for me.
A pink cotton one with a cable stitch.


We stopped at the library this afternoon to pick up a couple
of books that Ken had on reserve.
Starting Wednesday the library is going back to curb side
pickup for a while because of the spike in the virus in our county.

That's it for today.
A happy Monday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Debi - Have never seen any snow geese around here.

18 comments:

Rose said...

I love the views of the barn...always enjoy seeing the views you see. I like Ken's new truck, and your scarf is going to be beautiful.

Tom said...

...over the years I have had a number of Ford Rangers and was sad when they stopped making them, this one is a beauty and the right color too.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That will be a beautiful scarf.

Joyful said...

The scenery is so lovely where you are especially with the pops of red in the buildings. I can see the cemetery you mentioned. The new truck is beautiful. I love red cars and trucks and all the better that it will fit into your garage better. Your knitting is exquisite. I never could get a good tension in my knitting.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is sure going to be a pretty scarf. I love that truck! Awesome! You and Ken really like red vehicles don't you?! It looks just great and getting a new vehicle is always a lot of fun. See you again soon!

Happy@Home said...

Ken's new truck looks great. How nice that it will fit in the garage better too. I like the color you chose for your scarf and the cable stitch is really attractive. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly you whip up scarves and blankets.

ellen b. said...

That's a sweet looking truck! Congrats to Ken. I also think that color of yarn for the new scarf is very pretty!

Granny Marigold said...

That's a very nice looking truck. I like the colour. And I really like the pink scarf with the cable pattern.

Hill Top Post said...

The new truck is so nice, and in your color too. I do like your new scarf, both the color and the stitch.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Who threw that green bottle in the field?

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Love his new truck! AND your new scarf project. This pandemic is out of control all over again, sadly.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Ken's new FORD Truck looks perfect. FORD ceased all production here in Australia as have General Motors- HOLDEN. Now it is fully Imported Ford Mustangs and Chevrolette from the USA...Australian manufacturing will never be the same without our own models being made locally- just a real shame. I own one of the last HOLDEN -Cruze sedans to be produced back in 2014 in Adelaide when I purchased it- the Cruze is still like new. Your Scarf is coming along nicely Karen. Best Wishes. KEV.

Bill said...

I used to have a red Ford Ranger. I had it for 25 years and it was the best vehicle I ever had. Good luck with the new one, I'm sure you will be happy.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the view of the farm. Ken's new truck looks great. The new scarf and cable stitch is pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

Vee said...

Lovely Thanksgiving-like photos...the wind has been vicious. It blew me all over a parking lot and that's saying something. If you aren't careful, it'll blow you to the next county.

So glad that you are making yourself a pink scarf. It suits you!

Jeanette said...

I think I was able to spot your car in the church parking lot. Kind of like Where's Waldo! Nice truck and I love the color of that scarf. Our governor here in MI is closing things down again. The library is still open though for now anyway!

William Kendall said...

I like the truck!

Lowcarb team member said...

The new red truck looks good.
Happy Driving :)

All the best Jan