Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Wednesday

 Just like yesterday morning it was 55 degrees when I left on my walk.
No wind, calm and clear.
The sun was just coming over the mountain when I left to go back home.

Another walk all over town and around both cemeteries and
the ball park loop a couple of times.


Saw Lena and Pam walking but they were too far away to talk to.
The old gentleman was sitting on the bench by the bakery
waiting for it to open.

I like to draw in the dew on the mirror.

Walked down to see the bulls.
I noticed under their number tags in their ears they have names.
 Pacer and Merlin came away from the group and walked over to the fence
when I started talking to them. 
I held my hand flat and put it inside the fence and Pacer sniffed at it. 
I'll go back tomorrow and see if they are still there.

Walked 6 miles

🍁🍂    🌤    🙂

Put some chicken in the slow cooker in the morning to use to make
Chicken Quesadillas for supper.

Finally got some of my house cleaning done today.
Sheets washed and hung on the line to dry.
It was like a summer day, sunny in the 70's.

We went to town to the library to pick up a couple of DVD's,
dropped some mail off at the post office and stopped
in at the Dollar General to get a couple of things we forgot
to get yesterday.

Finished reading another book.
A really good one, Don't Lie to Me by Willow Rose.
It is book number 1 in the Eva Rae Thomas Mysteries series.
Looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

A happy Wednesday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Rose said...

Another day with no sun here. We had a lot of storms last night. But we needed rain. We have just come through a dry spell...the worst in over 40 yrs.

I love that little yellow tree! It is such a beautiful color.

Sandi said...

Gorgeous!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that gorgeous color.

Grandma C said...

Loving your fall colors. Drawing on the mirror made me giggle.

Tom said...

...your area still looks lovely, rain most of the day, but we needed it. Beef stew for dinner sure hit the spot after a cold wet day!

Vee said...

How fun to find a new series that you really like. That hasn't happened to me since Jan Karon came on the scene.

It must have felt nice to have a warm summerlike day. My corner will come close tomorrow with temps in the 60s.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You always have good book recommendations so I will look for that one! Thanks. I am going to take a couple of days off, but will see you again soon!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi again, Karen. I looked up that book you recommended on Amazon and turns out I had enough Kindle credit to get it free! So excited to start it. Thanks! I have really enjoyed a lot of the books you recommend.

Granny Marigold said...

Isn't it great when you find a book you enjoy and it turns out that author has written a series!!

Hill Top Post said...

"The sun was just coming up over the mountain when I left to go home." I love that you are always out there enjoying the very best part of the day. How wonderful!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Happy dew on the mirror.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Beautiful views of the fall colors. I will look for Eva Rae mystery series at my library. Yesterday was beautiful, in the 70's here.
Take care, wishing you a happy day!

Inger said...

I love that you are making friends with the bulls. My neighbor's bulls to into a fight and are both now limping around. She will have to do something about them. One bull too many. I love the colors of your landscape. Just gorgeous!

Bill said...

Very cool that the bulls have names, it made me laugh. :)

Happy@Home said...

The fall foliage continues to be beautiful in your area. I have not heard of that book series. I am going to check it out as I'm always looking for new authors to enjoy.

susan q said...

More colorful leaf pics, Karen. Second day of fog here in South Central PA. As my local library branch 1 mile from me recently closed, I will request your book recommendation. Thanks for recommending it.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh how I envy you being able to dry sheets (all bedding) outdoors! Our subdivision doesn't allow clotheslines. I miss that a lot! Your quesadillas sound scrumptious (I'm making chili). So the bulls have name tags. Maybe you can call 'em to the fence tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful fall colours!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your Autumn/Fall colours are lovely ...

All the best Jan