Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Tuesday

 The morning temperatures have been all over the place lately.
Never know what clothes I'll be wearing from one morning to the next.
It was up to 57 degrees this morning.
Calm and cloudy.


Driving to town I had to stop three times for deer crossings.

Another walk all over town and around the cemeteries and
the ball park loops twice.


Saw the old gentleman making his way over to the bakery.
Another man walking his friendly big white dog,
and Rebecca was out running.

Walked past these front steps with unusual colored pumpkins on them.
Gray - first time I've seen gray pumpkins.

This might sound strange but
walking along I became aware of all the different smells around me.
Delicious smells coming from the bakery.
Breakfast cooking passing a house.
The smell from a clothes dryer vent.
Over heated brakes from a truck that just came down the hill.
Pine tree smell along the back of the ball park loop.
The not pleasant smell of a skunk
and the manure spread on the fields.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    ๐Ÿ™‚   ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ 

Shopping day at Shop and Save this morning.
Got the ingredients to make Broccoli Cheese Soup for supper.
It is one of my favorites and easy to make.

   It's been cloudy all day till about 5:00 when we saw a bit of sun.
It was late but better than no sun at all.

I spent most of the day reading and didn't get any house
work done today either.
Better do some tomorrow!!

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Tuesday to you.
 ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Henny and Debi - About the bears. Yes, I saw the bear on the road I walk to town, about block from my house. They are black bears and not aggressive.  They really do run away when you come across one.  I'm sure there are bears around that see me but I never see them. Not concerned about bears.  Like I've said before, I'm more concerned about dogs running loose.

16 comments:

William Kendall said...

That sky shot is a lovely sight.

Hootin Anni said...

I too love broccoli cheese soup. It's so tasty, so filling, and good all alone! Smelling the bakery in the air would grab me in that direction.

Rose said...

Broccoli soup sounds delcious...it has been a long while since I made any. That sky is lovely. I really notice smells, too. The smell of pine trees/cedars takes me back to my youth instantly...and is such a link to my nephew that was a month older than me. (He passed away a bit over a year ago), but through all these years when I smell that smell, it takes me back to our youth. And I have thought many times, I would like to take a ziploc baggie and get handfuls of the needles, etc. and mail them to him...but I put it off till too late.

Tom said...

...the orange sky matches the orange of the maple. Those gray pumpkins look a bit like hubbard squash. Pumpkins come in so many colors these days!

Vee said...

Those gray squash~pumpkins remind me of a small Blue Hubbard squash. IMHO they are only good for decor as they don't have much flavor. They sure look nice on the stairs.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - so fun and observant to notice smells. Now there is an added bonus to noticing smells - that means you don't have Covid! I understand that losing the sense of smell and taste is one of the symptoms, so if you could smell all those wonderful things (and even the not so wonderful) you are probably OK. Charly and I are going to take a little road trip this week and we plan to do some hiking and I am so exciting to take those awesome Keen shoes with me! My feet are excited too. See you again soon!

Nellie said...

Good to hear that your reading interfered with housework! That happens here all the time!:-) Love the color of the pumpkins. We have some white ones our daughter brought by for decor; think they’re turning blue as the time passes!

Ruth Hiebert said...

i love that sky scene and also the fall colors still around. right now it is a winter wonderland outside. I love that as well.

Granny Marigold said...

I like the display of pumpkins on those steps and that pretty white Mum. I don't thing I've ever seen gray pumpkins.
We haven't had Broccoli/cheese soup for a while. Better buy Broccoli when I do the grocery shopping.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a beautiful display of pumpkins.

God bless you.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a beautiful sunrise, lovely capture. The trees are looking beautiful, I like the cute display of pumpkins. Your soup sounds delicious. Take care, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Those gray pumpkins are different. I think those are considered heirloom pumpkins.
I’m ready to get into the soup season and your broccoli cheese soup sounds perfect.
Lisa

ellen b. said...

I'm so behind and I think I'm sounding like a broken record. Love the photos you shared today. It is interesting to take stock of what we smell. Someone was burning some nice smelling wood last night when I opened the door to check out the stars! Hope you have a good Wednesday!

Bill said...

Another beautiful sky to start your day.

Debi said...

Beautiful photos again today. You have such a lovely place to walk. I'm glad the bears truly are more afraid of you than you are of them! I saw one of those pumpkins on a cooking show and they had the name blue in them... I tend to notice smells when I'm walking too.

Lowcarb team member said...

A very nice pumpkin display, I enjoy seeing the different colours.

All the best Jan