Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 22, 2020

Bulls with no name

 Once again this morning it was 55 degrees.
Calm, and mostly clear with a few low clouds dotting the area.
Got a bit of a late start because I didn't wake up till 6:35.

Walked up and down the main road in town and then headed over
to the industrial park and walked around there.

I come to this barn as I near the industrial park.
The barn is still used because there are hay bales in it.


On the other side some more boards have fallen off.


Walking in the industrial park here.



Leaving the ball park, went back through town and up to the
cemetery on the top of the hill and then down to see the bulls again.

Yesterday I mentioned that the bulls had names on their number tags
in their ears.  I was mistaken in thinking that was their names.
Today I noticed that quite a few of them had the same name,
Pacer, Merlin, Indy, were the names I saw.
Maybe they are the names of farms where they came from or will be going to?

Picture didn't come out so great because of the sun.


Saw Rebecca out walking as well as the woman runner I see
sometimes.  She was friendly today and said good morning.

Walked 6 miles

🍂    🌤    🙂

Got another load of laundry washed and hung outside.
A slight problem with this load - a tissue got washed with it.

Didn't get much else done in the morning because a friend
I haven't talked to in a while called and we had a good long talk.

I've had this recipe kicking around for I don't know how long
for Bread Pudding and finally made it today.
We both thought it was very good.
Put it on my Recipe blog HERE if you care to take a look.

I've been working on making weave-it squares and have almost half finished
of them for another baby blanket.

It was another summer like day and we sure are enjoying it before
the snows come. (Though I do like the snow too)

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Anni - We lived in a place that you couldn't have clothes lines either, but I fought it and WON!! 😃

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

We have a lot of barns here in Michigan that look like that one, too! Some look ready to fall down! Nice pictures of your walk!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those views with the fog in the distance are so pretty.

Vee said...

Oh I always feel a pang for the old barns. Hope that somehow that one is rescued...it has fine bones. I looked at your bread pudding recipe and thought it would be good to make for a friend of mine whose favorite dessert is bread pudding.

Tom said...

...in this area we have a number of restaurants owned by Greeks, bread pudding is a staple!

KEV. Robertson. said...

A lot of History in that Old Barn- glad your having Summer-Like days Karen. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I've been through the desert with a bull with no name ...

God bless.

Bill said...

Nice walking photos. It looks very peaceful in the morning. Victor's comment cracked me up. :)

Ruta M. said...

Maybe the names relate to their sires. With my sweet tooth I'm fond of most puddings so I checked out your recipe. (Eating with my eyes.) That's what we call a bread and butter pudding here. Our bread pudding is a little different as it's made by squishing the bread and everything together to make a kind of solid slab. Both equally tasty.

Henny Penny said...

I love old barns. We don't have any around here like that one. The bread pudding sounds good. We are having temperatures in the high 70's again.

William Kendall said...

That barn looks like it doesn't have much longer for this world.

Hootin Anni said...

Maybe I should try fighting it...it's worth a shot. I'd love to fall asleep on linens dried outdoors. I'm on my way to pick up your bread pudding recipe.

Rose said...

I love that old barn...always wishing I could hear the tales from old barns. I want to look at that recipe...Roger's Grammy liked bread pudding.

Tina said...

Always a lovely walk. No clothes lines..that makes me mad.