Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 15, 2020

View at the end of the walk

Back to driving to town for my morning walk today.
Saw a few deer cross the road again on the way to town and
also on the way home again.
55 degrees, clear, and sunny once it rose.


One of those random walks all over the place around town.

Rebecca was having a random walk too and we ran into each
other quite a few times.

Walking down here to see the bulls and say hi to them.
There were quite a few of them there but I think the original
two I used to see are now gone. 


A road in town is getting ground down before putting the new
black top down.  
For not even a half block the main road is one way
and there is a flagman there. 
There are not that many cars anyway and
they only have to wait a very short time while a couple cars
pass in one direction and then the other direction.
Some people are so impatient that they can't wait
and take the side roads to go around. 
What makes it funny is that the road they take makes it longer
than if they just waited. 
You have to make 2 turns, stop at two stop streets,
and it is on a bus stop route!   
Makes me laugh. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I pass a house most days that has two friendly Golden Retrievers
in a fenced in yard.  Today while walking I saw both of them 
wandering around town.
Since they were friendly and I knew where they lived, 
I got them to follow me and walked 
 to their house, knocked on the door and told the woman 
who answered that her dogs had gotten out.
Boy was she happy that I brought them home.
She couldn't thank me enough.
Nice when you can do a little something to make someone happy.

Walked 6 miles

๐Ÿ    ☀️    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿ‚

Got another load of laundry out on the line to dry and finished
up my house work for this week.

After me telling Ken how much I enjoyed my hike yesterday 
afternoon, he asked if I'd go again but with him this time.
One never to say no to a walk I said yes and we took off.

This time we walked straight up our trail to the state trail.
Walked the same way I did yesterday but passed up where I stopped
and went to the open area.  
Have walked here before and knew what was coming up.
It is a great walk anyway but once you see this view it makes
it even better.

It is only about a mile and a half from our house!
That added to my morning walk made a walking total of 8 1/2 miles.
I know someone will ask if I'm sore but no, walking never makes me sore. ๐Ÿ™‚

Last night we ate the chili for supper and today we had the
chili again but this time made taco salad with it.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Thursday to you.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Eileen - During hunting season, yes there are hunters around and we won't go walking there then.

SusanQ - I don't get bored walking the same places because there is always something different to see.  It is also a good way to meet people and know what's going on in town. 

Vee - Yes, I walk with my phone, it is my camera too so never leave without it.

Tina - Can't think why your chili would burn in a slow cooker.  I cook mine all day for 8 to 10 hours on LOW and never have a problem. 
Here is my RECIPE if you're interested.

22 comments:

Tom said...

...I've seen a number of beautiful skies, but this one wins the prize. What a lovely barn.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That is a gorgeous view.

The Furry Gnome said...

I'd be heading up to see that view 2 or 3 times a week!

Vee said...

Wowzer! What a splendid view! Glad that Ken wanted to make the hike, too.

You are a good citizen to walk those retrievers home!

Susie said...

Gosh, I am glad you took those dogs home. You sure had a long walk. Where you live is a pretty town. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

That is a great view to end a hike with. I can imagine how relieved the woman was to have her dogs returned to her. Golden Retrievers are such nice dogs...

Deb J. in Utah said...

We had chili last night, then the leftovers tonight. I put some frozen french fries in the oven and we had chili cheese fries. So good! I love that sunrise picture and also the view from the end of your hike. I'm like you- I will almost never say no to a walk or hike. It's great you could get those dogs back to their home. See you again soon.

NanaDiana said...

I love your walks. How wonderful you took those two goldens home! I bet their mom thought about you all day long!
Have a great upcoming weekend- xo Diana

Debi said...

A beautiful walk... lucky you got those pups to follow you to their home. I laughed when you told about the cars that took the "shortcut" to avoid the road construction. I think some people are ok as long as they are moving! The city my sons live in is about 10 miles away and they have had several moose sightings in the past week. We've never had moose here before. My grandson saw one a couple of days ago and was most impressed with how big they were!

Granny Marigold said...

You sure had a great view when you and Ken reached the top of the rise. And that sun rise is amazing!!

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...that view is spectacular!! And good knowing the dogs followed you back to their home. Oh and speaking of drivers...I find it funny that some will pass me at a speed higher than posted only to stop and wait minutes for the traffic light to change when I hit it green & don't have to wait. It makes me laugh every time.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

What a beautiful sky and I love the view of the trees. Great barn scene! I am glad you are staying safe while the hunters are out there.
Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

That is a beaut Sun Rise for sure.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a beautiful sky.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

Oh, that is a breathtaking view and how nice that you and Ken were able to share it. What a nice thing you did in returning the dogs to their owner.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know you love walking around on your land! You are a walking lady for sure! LOVE that big beautiful view you can see! Enjoy your day! Our hike will be later and it will be in the 80s here! lol Quite a difference! But we are used to it I guess! Hugs!

Inger said...

That view is gorgeous! And walking with your husband makes it special. I now treasure the memories of my hikes with Errol and all our dogs. It's interesting to me as well that people in small towns still get so impatient while driving.

susan q said...

A very serene view, glad you and Ken could share it♥ Thanks for the chili recipe! Will give it a try. Enjoy the weather!

Tina said...

Thank you for sharing your recipe! I’m going to check it out! It’s always good to have people around that are not cruel to other’s animals and tolerant of them. A beautiful walk. Trying hard not to be to envious of it.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful views!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful sky.

All the best Jan

Bill said...

The views are so pretty to see. Glad you knew the dogs and brought them home to a happy owner.