Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 14, 2020

No Morning Walk

A rare day when I don't take a morning walk and this was one of those days.

Made chili first thing this morning and got it going in the slow
cooker.  I browned the meat while Ken cut up the vegetables for me.
(I make him nervous with a knife)

A beautiful sunny day so finally got the sheets washed and hung
out to dry today.

We went out and did a few errands in the morning too.

The reason I didn't walk in the morning is because I planned to
go hiking around Happy Trails in the afternoon.
Nice to be out in the woods, walking in the leaves when the sun
was up and shinning.
Fall is my favorite time for hiking Happy Trails.  
Things aren't so over grown and I can see into the woods.
Also no bugs!!

Happy Trails

Took this up by the cabin.

Our property backs on to state land and there are trails to hike on.
I left Happy Trails and hiked up to the trail and hiked along there.

Another time we piled these few rocks on the old stump so on the way back
I would know where to turn into the woods to get back to Happy Trails.

I ended up turning around here when I was getting deeper into the 
woods.  Wanted to go farther but I didn't tell Ken I'd be walking
there so thought I'd better get back.

Back home again.


Don't know how far I hiked because I forgot to look at my pedometer.

It was 60 degrees and a slight breeze.
Didn't see any deer or bears, I must have made too much
noise in the leaves and scared everything away.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Dot - Oh so Tina is your daughter. 🙂She left a comment on the Testimony Page.

SusanQ - Yes, I have had sweet potatoes and LOVE them.

22 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That looks like a wonderful place to walk! And it is noisy walking through all those dry leaves in the fall.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What beautiful property you have! I would love to have my own private forest to hike in. I love this post!

Tom said...

...a gorgeous day here too, your color is spectacular!

Granny Marigold said...

Fall is the best time for walking in the woods. You have some lovely colour on the trees and loads of dead leaves on the ground. I'm sure glad you didn't meet up with any bears.

Susie said...

Adventuresome, but scary to me. I would be singing really loud to scare bears. LOL. Sure is pretty there. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Ruth Hiebert said...

Walking along those leaf filled paths would be so fun. I can hear the crunch of the leaves now.

Vee said...

How fun to be able to travel on state trails abutting your property. (You had your phone with you I hope.) We have had two men get lost on their own property in.the.same.town. I worried that it was catching. Your home sure looks cozy settled into its autumn woods.

Happy@Home said...

There is no shortage of pretty places to walk in your area. The woods is especially pretty at this time of year as you have proven with your photos. Glad there were no bear encounters :).

ellen b. said...

Nice to change things up once in a while. It's also nice to see another view of your home! Hope you have a great Thursday.

Rose said...

Another day of walking in beauty for you...gorgeous pics.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow! Gorgeous.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

My hubby does the chopping for me too. The chili sounds yummy. Looks like a beautiful spot for your walk. Love the fall colors and pretty trees. I assume you do not have to worry about hunter in the woods. Pretty collection of photos. Take care, have a happy day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

You have a very nice property- those Autumn Trees look marvelous.

Aritha said...

How nice it must be: your happy rails. Love your autumn photos.

Tina said...

I’m so jealous! In a good way jealous. I’m glad you share your beautiful corner of the world! About your chili..twice I’ve made chili and cooked it in the crockpot. I’ll never do it again. Even though it doesn’t stick, it always tastes burned. So I use the cast iron only. What am I doing wrong?

susan q said...

Great walk and pics today, Karen. Love all those leaf colors. I walk in a township park and sometimes get bored with walking the same route every day.

Inger said...

I love that carpet of leaves. Fall is a wonderful time of the year. I believe the weather will cool down here on Monday. And I can't wait. What a lovely walk in the woods and how nice your house looks through the trees.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Lovely fall colours!

Bill said...

Happy Trails looks beautiful with all the coloured leaves and trees.

Pom Pom said...

What a perfect walk!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wonderful photographs.
Happy Trails looks so beautiful.

All the best Jan