Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Tuesday

Not a very colorful morning sky but thought it pretty anyway.
I was lucky to get the geese right in the middle!! 

45 degrees this morning, calm, and drizzly when I left the house.
By the time I drove to town the drizzle had stopped and
it was just cloudy on my walk.

A random all over town walk.

Took this picture walking up to the cemetery.
The corn (feed for animals) on one side of the road was harvested yesterday.




Rebecca was out walking.
Walked down to say hi to the bulls.

Walked 6 miles


☁️    ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ    ☁️

Food shopping day at the Shop and Save and did that first
thing in the morning like usual.

Went out again later in the afternoon to pick up a couple
of books from the library.
Ken had a couple and I had one.
My next book is Battles at Thrush Green, a Miss Read book.
I'll actually be reading a real book this time instead of on my Kindle.

Didn't get any more housework done today.
After being out two different times just couldn't get
excited about cleaning late in the day.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Diane - I don't wear any kind of special socks when I walk.  Just my usual every day Hanes socks.

Vee - Don't know who owns the property, but it might be worth it to find out and ask for permission.

13 comments:

Rose said...

I don't know which photo I like best! I love that sky...the geese add to the love. I love the mist rising in the one, and so love that burst of color by that old house. Wonderful shots all.

Tom said...

...corn fields look like that here and yellow and orange maple leaves are hanging on too!

Michelle said...

That tree in the last photo gives some great color to that old house.

Vee said...

Those golden leaves look marvelous against the gray building. Oh that should be easy to find out...your town office can help.

ellen b. said...

Nice photos and great geese catch. I would have put off house cleaning, too.

Hill Top Post said...

I assume the geese are flying south, which made for a great picture. I also like the old house picture.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Dark sky in first photo.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I use to do the House Work when my Partner worked on Saturday Mornings- that was near thirty years ago! I must attempt to do more now to help Chris. I like your Geese photo. Best Wishes. KEV.

William Kendall said...

Splendid sky shots!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thanks for letting me know! I would recommend Wigwam...except I can't find them at a reasonable price any more! lol Enjoy your day! Love your Fall photos!

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a nice looking sky.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

Battles at Thrush Green is one of the Miss Read books I have. I plan on rereading them all this winter. I hope I manage to do so. I find those books so peaceful and relaxing.

Kathie said...

I love your walks! Thank you for letting me "walk" with you!