Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Wednesday

 Cloudy, 52 degrees and windy this morning when I walked.
Saw 7 deer on the drive to town.
A random walk all over town.
There must have been no school today because I didn't see any buses.

Wednesday is fresh donut day at the bakery so saw quite a few
people pop in at the bakery.  
I don't bring money or my face mask with me when I walk
so I can't buy any!!

Lena and Jim were walking around the ball park loop
the same time I was.

Felt like rain but it never did. Stayed pretty dark and dreary 
all of my walk, but still enjoyed my walk.
It is less dreary outside than inside. 🙂

A few pictures along my walk.



Walked 6 miles

☁️    🍁🍂    ☁️

Needed to get some laundry done but the weather wasn't
cooperating so had to dry them inside on the clothes drying rack.
Got some house work done in the morning.

Day stayed dreary and by afternoon there was a mist in the air
and suppertime there was thick fog!

Read, colored another picture, and made some more weave-its.

I made a nice big salad for supper with lettuce, apples, nuts,
cheese, tomatoes, toast croutons, and cranraisins
with raspberry walnut vinaigrette salad dressing.

No evening church this week.
Back to FB church only for a couple of weeks at least.
One person in our church has tested positive and a few others
are waiting for the test results.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy Wednesday to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️


Comment Replies:
HillTop - You would think that the geese would be flying south, but the geese around here have all been flying North East!

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that you celebrated the beauty of the day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs here, and I like your colouring.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That salad sounds delicious. Hope you have a cheery Thursday!

Rose said...

It was dark and dreary all day here, except for about 2 minutes of sunshine in the mid morning hours. Chilly but not cold.

Ruth Hiebert said...

There is still beauty and even color around, according to your pictures.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - our COVID rates are way, way up here, so our school has been dismissed for two weeks. We had 19 cases at the school where I teach. School will be online. Teachers are required to go in and work remotely with students in empty classrooms. I love the pictures from your walk. Will stop by and visit again tomorrow.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Lovely colors from your walk, fall is a beautiful time of the year.
Our geese still here year round, I see some geese in flight. Your salad sounds delicious. I am sorry to hear about your church member testing positive for Covid, this virus is not going away. Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful fall shots and love your coloring!!!

Melanie said...

Your salad sounds wonderful! So sorry to hear of the positive COVID case at your church. So far, ours is clear. Love reading about your walks.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Let's celebrate hope.

God bless.

Bill said...

Smelling the fresh donuts sounds tempting but with no money and mask that is a good way to avoid it. Love your colouring positive messages, they are nice to see. Enjoy the day!

William Kendall said...

Wonderful close ups.