Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 26, 2020

Monday

40 degrees, no wind, and cloudy this morning when I walked.
A couple rain drops here and there but just for a minute,
not amounting to anything.

Walked around and through town and over to the industrial park.
Stopped at the end of this dead end street.
Someone owns the wooded property
but if I walked there I would get to the ball park.
Sure would be nice if there was a path from here to there.

Walking along on a side street.

Quiet around town, but I did see Lena and her husband out walking.

No animals at all today, not even one deer or a cow!

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🍁🍂    ☁️

Gave the mud/laundry room a good cleaning today.
No surface cleaning this time.
Sure is great having a mud room!!

Made some more weave-it squares.
Now only have to make 15 more to finish another baby blanket.

Did a couple crossword puzzles and read.
Some work and some fun makes for a good day.  🙂

That's it for this Monday.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Tom said...

...what a sky to start your day!

ellen b. said...

Lovely sky. I'm with you on a little work and a little fun to make for a good day. Enjoy your evening!

Rose said...

That sky sure was a nice way to start the day! Sounds like a good day, too.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Sure is a beautiful place to walk and nice temps. I actually have a question today! What brand of socks do you wear when you walk. I've worn Wigwams for a long time but the price has gone up so much that I'm wondering what other good thick socks are out there! Enjoy your evening!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Wow! What a gorgeous sky! Hope you have a great week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Sounds like you had a good, productive day. I love that sunrise picture. See you again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

Red sky in the morning, sailor take warning. Are you expecting a change in the weather? well, no matter, it surely made for a beautiful picture!

Hootin Anni said...

I always enjoy walking with You.

You and I go walking at sunrise...the best time of day.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful red sky.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Bill said...

The sky certainly gives you a great beginning to a new day.

Vee said...

What a picture! Almost worth walking early to see it. 😉 The day I am out there walking around at sunrise will be an interesting day.

Any chance you'd ask the landowner for permission to walk across his property to get to the ball field? He might be obliging.

Connie said...

I do love my mud room too. I enjoy seeing all the color in your Autumn photos, so pretty. I was making a list to take to Walmart and decided to add a jig-saw puzzle to the list. I haven't made one in a long time, but I thing it might be a nice cold weather project.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful dawn shot.

Kathie said...

Sounds like a good day! I, too, love a nicely scrubbed home although it doesn't happen often or lasts long with little kids. Have a good day!

Granny Marigold said...

A good mix of fun and work definitely makes for a good day!

Debi said...

I really enjoy your sky photos each day. I don't have a mud room, but it sure would be nice!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow!
Love the reds in that sky.

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

Wow what a great picture of the sky with red accents.