Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 02, 2020

Wednesday

 65 degrees this morning, calm, cloudy and looking like rain.  Took along my umbrella but this time didn't need it.  

Only two deer this morning, the doe and her fawn.
Think I saw a couple of fishers but was kind of far to tell for certain.  They were running across the road, saw me and turned around and ran back the way they came.

Walked to town and just walked around the cemeteries, didn't go through town at all.


No others walking but at the church the pastor was just getting out of his truck and I stopped for a little chat.  

I arrived back home in the nick of time.  Once in the house down came the rain!!

Walked 5.7 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

Ken made us cinnamon rolls for breakfast and they sure smelled good as I walk in the door.  A very nice surprise!

When there was a break in the rain I drove Ken in the ATV up to the truck and trailer full of crush and run and then came right back home.  I had a bit of fun driving the ATV around the house out back for a bit before I went back in the house.


Ken dumped the gravel on the driveway and smoothed it out with the tractor.  Then brought the truck back to the house.  I didn't stay because there wasn't really anything for me to do.



The last couple of wild daisies popped up through the gravel out front.

The other day our neighbor Ron stopped by with some tomatoes from his garden for us. They were mostly green when he brought them but have ripened nicely.

 
Worked some more on the outlining of the cross stitch this afternoon.  Looking forward to getting that finished.  The outlining is not my favorite part of it.
Last night I finished the last weave-it square for another baby blanket.  Will start sewing them together later tonight or tomorrow.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

There are few things that are more beautifully infectious than true kindness. 
 It spreads like a magnificent wildfire.
Keith Wynn

18 comments:

Rose said...

I hope you enjoy the tomatoes half as much as I have enjoyed mine. I was so thankful to have some good ones. A few have rotted on the vine, but still have had some to eat and even sent one or two home with my daughter. (I would have sent more, but was all I had at the time.)

We could use some of the rain!

Tom said...

...I picked a few tomatoes that looked red from where I was and the turned out to be might green on the other side. They ripened in no time. I just got back in and driving at sunset I saw 5 deer.

Sandi said...

😊 always a treat to read your peaceful posts.

Vee said...

Those tomatoes look great. I know that you have plans for them. How pleasant to arrive home to cinnamon rolls. A perfect September treat.

Granny Marigold said...

Those tomatoes look perfect. We're getting lots of small cherry type but not too many bigger ones suitable for making a nice sandwich.
Good thing the rain held off until you got home.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those daisies are persistent , pushing up through the rocks to bloom. I wonder if there is a lesson there? I know that when there is resistance , I tend to want to give up too easily.

Hootin Anni said...

Good timing on your walk & to come home to home baked cinnamon rolls...a perfect breakfast. (I don't know what a fisher is) You two do keep busy! And it shows. Looking forward to seeing your hand-work (stitchery).

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the daisies, they are one of my favorite flowers. The tomatoes look delicious and the cinnamon rolls sound yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely tomatoes.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- You and Ken are having a pretty full time of it. Your neighbor 'Ron' certainly sounds like a good chap to bring you the gift Tomatoes...When I grew Tomatoes in our back yard many decades ago - I was always gifting the surplus Tomatoes to our Neighbors...all we can give away now is Lemons and Oranges to our Friends. Have a great weekend. Regards. KEV. (Sydney-Australia).

Lisa said...

We walked in the rain the other day. With the temperatures in the 90’s and no lightning or thunder, It was refreshing.
I love the daisy. My favorite.
Lisa

Inger said...

I love to drive my Jeep like it's an ATV all over the land, so much fun. How nice to be greeted by the smell of cinnamon rolls as you came back from your walk.

Bill said...

The tomatoes look great!

William Kendall said...

I like that view.

ellen b. said...

We've been gifted tomatoes from a couple people with gardens. They are so good. Nice work on that driveway! It was fun to see more of the property.

Retired Knitter said...

You guys are so industrious.

Lowcarb team member said...

Cinnamon rolls for breakfast sounds nice, and those tomatoes look lovely.

All the best Jan

Becki said...

What a perfect sounding morning. And I love the quote at the end of your post. :)