Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 03, 2020

Dreary

 Now that it is staying dark longer in the morning
I can't leave walking at 6:15 or 30 anymore. 
Leave now at 6:45 and it will be getting later and later.  

65 degrees this morning when I left and there was a misty rain but no wind. 
It rained for the first half of my walk and then
it stopped for the second half only to rain again after I got home.
No thunder though so didn't have to come home early.

 
 

 Walked through town to the ball park and around the loop and headed back through town again and home.

Didn't see any deer today, only one rabbit.
 
Rebecca was out walking and we passed each other at 2 different places in town.
 
Walked 5.6 miles
 
🌧     🙂     ☁️

 We went to church again last night and will be going on Wednesday
from now on for a while.  Not many people there but so good to be in church
and see and hear a sermon in person.

 It's been a dreary day weather wise, cloudy with scattered rain all day.
 
We stayed inside all day and just puttered about.
Did the usual everyday chores.
Read and worked on my cross stitch.
Baked a yellow cake but didn't put any icing on it.
Going to have it later for my snack and top it with strawberries and whipped cream.
Did a couple of crossword puzzles.  Haven't done that in a long time.
My mom was ALWAYS doing one and I always think of her when I do one.
 
 Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Anni - Here is a link that about Fishers.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...no rain here, send a bit if you can.

Hootin Anni said...

those fishers are really awesome creatures. I appreciate your help in informing me.

As for your morning walk...ahhhh, walking in the misty morning. Sounds so good, and refreshing. And your "shortcake" sounds delicious. Enjoy your evening.

Inger said...

Sounds like another good day. How happy I would be to walk in rain or mist. It will be a while here in California.

Lowcarb team member said...

We've had a dull, grey day here, although I went out this afternoon.
The nights are beginning to draw in, Autumn is on it's way.

Pleased you had a good walk this morning.

All the best Jan

Susie said...

Oh yes, strawberries and whipped cream is better than frostings. :) Only a rabbit? I am amazed, you normally see so many things. Glad you got to attend your church services. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

Crossword puzzles make me think of one of my sisters...she was always doing them. We could use some of your rain...we have not had any in a while.

Vee said...

Oh that dessert sounds nice and a rainy puttery day sounds cozy. Does your corner need rain? Mine does. So glad that you are able to go to church on Wednesdays.

CHERI said...

I so envy your cooler weather:) And, to me, a dreary rainy day every once in awhile is so nice. My granddaughter and I like a gentle rain storm:) I love, love crossword puzzles. Have done them for years and years...also love word games! I've done several jigsaw puzzles too these last few months. Hadn't done one in a long time. My problem though is once I start one (usually 1000 pieces) I don't get anything else done!!!! Your cake with strawberries and whipped cream sounds delicious. I made a Lemon Pound Cake (oh so yummy) last week for my husband's and son's (and crew) HUMP Night (guys' night). I didn't even get a piece...boo hoo!!! Those boys ate every bite!!!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like good things to do on a dreary day. Glad you are able to go to church in person on Wednesdays!

Hill Top Post said...

We have had several rainy days lately, and I have enjoyed them all; kind of gave me the rest I had been needing. That ole highway looks like it goes on forever. I do, however, love the pictures!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Rain here too and cold - yesterday was very hot -strange days for early Spring. Have a great weekend there. Regards. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Going to church is still restricted here. Only a few are allowed in at a time. About 1/3 capacity of the church.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We have a few days of off and on rain. I will be happy to have a nice sunny day. Your dessert sounds delicious! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Bill said...

Rain here off and on all week. Church is restricted here too. Many people still participate with the online service.

Ruth Hiebert said...

A rainy day sounds like it would be a good day. I enjoy a day like that, especially when we need the rain.

William Kendall said...

We've had rain off and on, but today appears dry.

Granny Marigold said...

We had another lovely warm day ( maybe a bit too warm since we reached 30C again). I did a variety of necessary chores and chatted with my far away sister for an hour. It's nice to catch up on the latest family stuff.

Jeanette said...

I bought a crossword puzzle a few months ago at the beginning of the pandemic and it's still unopened on the box! Waiting for a wintery day I guess!