Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 01, 2020

A short walk

69 degrees this morning when I left on my walk.  Just cloudy when I left the house but took along my umbrella because rain was on the on the way.  

By the time I got to the main road I had counted 13 deer!

Just before I got to town I heard a big clap of thunder and it started raining. I was just about to the post office to mail a card when a car pulled up behind me - it was Ken.  He heard the thunder and drove to town to pick me up so I didn't have to walk in the thunder storm.  I mailed the card and then hopped in the jeep and got a ride home.
So had a short walk this morning - only 2.6 miles.

☁️     🙂     ⛈

Shopping day at the Shop and Save.  Went earlier than usual because didn't have to wait for me to get home from walking.  Only one other person in the store!

 The weather cleared up by lunchtime and after lunch we finally got to go and get that load of crush and run at the quarry. We put a couple of tractor bucket fulls down and leveled for the pad of the outhouse we are building up at the cabin.  The rest of the load of crush and run is for the driveway up to the cabin. Didn't get to do that today but will probably get that done tomorrow.

That's it for the day.
Hope you day was a happy one.
happyone ❤️

If someone were to pay you ten cents for every kind word you said about people
and collect five cents for every unkind word,
would you be rich or poor?
unknown

16 comments:

Henny Penny said...

It is so sweet of Ken to think about you and worry about you while you are our walking.

Vee said...

Okay, don't be mean! LOL!

I love that you are always on Ken's mind and that he is looking out for you. Guess what I was thinking about today? All those very long walks you took when you lived across the pond.

Susie said...

Your husband is a very considerate man. He seems to be in the right place at the right time. :) Wow, do you guys have a lot of deer hunting there ? Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

You have a great husband...glad you didn't have to walk home in a thunderstorm. Love that shot looking down the wet road.

Granny Marigold said...

13 deer must be the most you've seen on one walk!!

Hill Top Post said...

It may have been a short walk, but it surely was a pretty one...love that first picture. I have been saved from a thunderstorm a few times by my thoughtful husband too.

Hootin Anni said...

now I'm thinking..."just walking in the rain, getting soaked & wet...." High five to Ken!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Good of Ken to pick you up out of the Storm. We are in the first few days of Spring -a warm day today though cold at night. Best Wishes. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad Ken picked you up, I do not like walking in a thunder storm.
Ken is great! Our deer have disappeared. Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Ken could have driven the whole 6 miles with you moving your legs backwards and forwards in the car. That's how I do my exercise. Someone else on the treadmill whilst I sit watching TV and moving my legs.

God bless.

Bill said...

Ken to the rescue, how cool is that. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your thought at the end. Boy and Ken are really working hard these days putting down all that gravel and crushed rock!

Nellie said...

It sounds like back-breaking work you and Ken are doing! I wouldn’t want to be walking with thunder!

Inger said...

I knew Ken was going to do that as soon as I read Thunder! I have figured out a long time ago that he's a really good guy.

ellen b. said...

That husband of yours is a stand up guy! That's a lot of deer. We had a load of crush delivered here, too. Hope you are having a nice evening.

Lowcarb team member said...

Ken is very considerate :)

All the best Jan