Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 27, 2020

2 out of 3

65 degrees this morning when I left walking but it didn't feel
quite that warm.
Windy and cloudy and a few rain drops here and there
that didn't amount to anything.


Once again a walk to town.


Walked around the edge of town down the side streets
and down passed my old house and around the block.
Over to the ball park and walked around that loop.
Rebecca was there, not walking today but running.
Saw another woman running who I never saw before.
Continued walking passed the post office, 
around by the day care center, back to the main road and home again.

Only saw one deer and a couple of wild turkeys.

Walked 6 miles

Think this is llex berry heavy but my Plant Snap app gave me
a few different names.

Edit:  Thanks Tom!!  He says:

..your app is a bit off, you found a honeysuckle fruiting.
The plant probably had whitish flowers earlier.

☁️     🙂     ☁️

Very windy all day and cloudy with looking like rain any moment.
The thunder storm came through just after supper.

Just hanging around the house doing a bit of this and that.

Had nachos for lunch and some of you may remembering me
saying that after we eat we roll up the tin foil and have
a throwing contest.
Try to throw it into the trash can in the kitchen.
I did quite well today and my tin foil ball
hit the mark 2 out of 3 times.

 I made us little strawberry shortcakes out of Bisquick
this afternoon.
Didn't have whipping cream so we used RediWhip.
They looked too good to wait till snack time so we ate them
as soon as they were done.
Recipe made 6 so I froze 4 little cakes for another day.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

Thanks for the box suggestions.
Will let you when I do something with them.

16 comments:

Kathie said...

Strawberry shortcakes sound good! Such long walks.. but they are beautiful!

Tom said...

...your app is a bit off, you found a honeysuckle fruiting. The plant probably had whitish flowers earlier. I had fresh strawberries and RediWhip, but no shortcakes tonight, I try to cut down on carbs. I hope that you have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow.

Rose said...

I was hoping someone would say for sure about the boxes/coops from yesterday. Love that second shot. I love seeing what you see during your walk.

Granny Marigold said...

2 out of 3 isn't bad. Your aim is improving.
I like that first picture... all black and gray and almost menacing-looking.

Nellie said...

Oh, I could never wait to eat strawberry shortcake! Yum!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that top picture. I think it is so fun how you and Ken have a contest throwing your foil in the garbage. It is always good for a marriage to play together and have some fun. Those shortcakes sound sooo good!
Have a good Sunday.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Looking forward to hear about the boxes.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The sky looks threatening, it was cloudy all day here yesterday. The view in the second shot and the berries are pretty. Your strawberry shortcake sounds yummy. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- We are having cold days here in Winter and the nights are even colder- some rain about which is good. Social Distancing is still very much here with us not going out unless we really need to- my Friend says this virus could be with us another three years- I hope not. Stay safe there. Cheers. KEV.

Happy@Home said...

The plant is very pretty. I had no idea that honeysuckle had berries at some point. I love the scent of the flowers.
Yum to the strawberry shortcake!
Good job on your tin foil ball throwing :).

Vee said...

Nachos sound great, but I haven't been able to get BLTs off my mind since you mentioned them. I have been having them every day...tomorrow the bacon will be gone.😕 My daughter made a delicious strawberry shortcake when I was there. All she had was Reddiwip and I thought it did a fine job. (I did chide her at first.)

Bill said...

Strawberry shortcake sounds great. Nice photos especially the sky in the first one. Enjoy your day!

Jeanette said...

I've made those shortcakes out of Bisquick before and they are very good! You and you husband sound like us. We probably wouldn't have waited to eat them either!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your first photograph …
Strawberry shortcake sounds tasty …

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

It's great to be able to count on other bloggers for identification of plants, etc. Love strawberry shortcakes of any variety!

William Kendall said...

That first shot is quite moody.