Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 26, 2020

Any Ideas?

 Some dark clouds around on my morning walk but
they gave way to sunshine.
57 degrees with a bit of a breeze.
Walked to town but just before I got to town I turned up
Sale Barn Road and walked up that road for a ways.


Came back down and continued to town where I
walked around the lower cemetery before heading back home again.

Saw a dozen or more wild turkeys out in a field 
and the usual deer, rabbits, and birds.

Passed by a yard where they were getting set up for a yard sale.

Neighbors Ron and Theresa passed by in their truck
as I neared home and stopped to talk.
They are the ones that live up at the top of the lane
where I walk sometimes.
Walked 5.6 miles
☁️     ๐Ÿ™‚     ☀️
Made French toast for breakfast.
Pancakes used to be my favorite breakfast but French toast
might just have them beat.
Ken puts syrup on them but I put sugar on mine.
My mom always put sugar on mine when I was little and have
just kept doing that.
Ken came home with these boxes a few years ago.
Didn't know what they were but always liked them
though I have no idea what to do with them.
Anyone have any ideas?
Inside the house or outside.
 Today looking at them it just hit me what they might be.
Pigeon roosts for a coop.
 Disappointing news about the Trex for the deck.
There's been a delay it getting it and now it won't be
here till the middle of July!!

This afternoon Ken and I played a game of 500 Rummy.
Haven't played that in years!
Ken was ahead throughout the whole game and beat me
a whopping 545 to my 230.

We walked around Happy Trails just puttering about.
The day has been very windy, but the sun was shining
and it was in the low 70's.
A beautiful day.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Find the good in your day.
happyone  ❤️

18 comments:

Tom said...

...we didn't have enough eggs for breakfast this morning, so I made blueberry pancakes. When I was a kid we always had French taste with confectionery sugar dusted on them. I like your whatevertheyares, they look a bit too rustic to go with your interior though.

Rose said...

Whatever they are, I like them...a lot. It was 88° here today, but felt like a 100...LOL (That might be a slight exaggeration.)

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the clouds in your first two photographs …
The low 70's temperatures suits me !

Enjoy the remainder of Friday and have a good weekend.

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Trex is very popular. Guess I won't try to change my son's mind. My daughter's deck is made of Trex. She really likes the color she selected. I hadn't realized that there were color choices.

Those coops(?) look like plant stands on the deck to me. ๐Ÿ˜

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It does sound like a really nice day for you. Sorry about the deck, but at least getting the Trex will give you something to look forward too. I like pancakes better than French toast, but French toast is mighty good. Charly and I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast, and Josh does his own thing. He is a big boy now - mom doesn't fix his breakfast. ;-) My mom used to put sugar on pancakes so that is what I put on mine. I am wondering if that is a thing from the Great Depression or WWII. I am thinking our moms would probably have been from the same generation. I am off to have an evening walk with Josh.. Have a good weekend

Cathy said...

I would find a place amongst my garden for the boxes. Tuck them here and there with some potted plants or garden ornaments. Sometimes I have to sit with it and then bam one day it comes to me!๐Ÿค”

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- That is a bit of bad news that you won't receive your Decking until next month. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the sky in your second photo. It is a shame they are delaying your decking till July. They must be busy. The french toast sounds yummy. I would like syrup or cinnamon sugar or the powdered sugar, lol.
The wood boxes look like they could be tables for your deck or plant stands. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Bird feeders ... upright ... birds in ... you see them through the grill.

God bless.

Lisa said...

Those boxes are interesting. I’m thinking what your thinking. Some kind of coop.
I think they will make great little tables outside with some kind of greenery inside. Or put them in a garden and let nature take over.
I interested to see what you do with them.
Lisa

Bill said...

Love the sky in the first photo. French toast is always my choice over pancakes. I put peaches or blueberries on it and a dash of syrup. I'm sure you'll come up with an idea of what to do with those boxes.
Enjoy the day!

Granny Marigold said...

Interesting boxes but I have no idea what you could do with them.

Ruta M. said...

I had to look up what Trex was though I had guessed, as here Trex is a non-dairy cooking fat like margarine. A shame there's a delay, I know how frustrating that is. I have an idea for your boxes. Why not grow some pots of bedding plants in them where they will be protected from the deer which will probably eat any flowers you try and grow out in the open? At least that's what happens on Exmoor where we still have free roaming deer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I like pancakes, but even more I like crepes and french toast. Not together, mind you. Nothing but sugar on my french toast.

Kathie said...

Such a lovely day!

Connie said...

I came to look at your boxes and I can see why you think they could be pigeon roosts, but how would you clean them? It's got my curiosity up; it's obvious that they have a very specific purpose, but what?
They might make great bird or squirrel feeders if you wanted to mount them, or even planters for succulents. I will be interested in what you decide to do with them.
Have a sweet Sunday . . . I do hope that your church is holding meetings. I have been so encouraged just getting back to church and seeing faces of sweet friends that love the Lord and worshiping together as a group.
God bless you,
Connie :)

Jeanette said...

Bummer about your deck but I'm sure it will be worth the wait! I'm curious to see what you end up doing with the boxes. Have you checked Pinterest to see if there are any good ideas on there?

ellen b. said...

Coming in late. I like all the ideas shared so far for those boxes. Do they have chicken wire or screening on them? So sorry about the delay in getting your decking material. I'll move forward and see your current posts...