Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, June 28, 2020

Old Fashioned

Today it's been cloudy with a few showers.
Pictures taken a couple of days ago when we had sunny skies.



 ❤️     ❤️

The Old Fashioned Way
Civilla D. Martin

1. They call me old-fashioned because I believe
That the Bible is God’s holy Word,
That Jesus, who lived among men long ago,
Is divine, and the Christ of God.

Chorus;
My sin was old-fashioned,
My guilt was old-fashioned,
God’s love was old-fashioned, I know;
And the way I was saved was the old-fashioned way,
Thro' the blood that makes whiter than snow.

2. Old-fashioned, because I believe and accept
Only what has been spoken from heav’n;
Old-fashioned because at the cross I was saved,
At the cross had my sins forgiv’n.

3. Old-fashioned, because I am bound to do right,
To walk in the straight narrow way;
Because I have given my whole life to God,
Old-fashioned, because I pray.

4. Old-fashioned, because I am looking above
To Jesus, my glorified Lord;
Because I believe He is coming again,
Fulfilling His holy Word.

Happy Sunday
God Bless You
happyone  ❤️

17 comments:

Tom said...

...being old fashion is just find.

Ruth Hiebert said...

To be old fashioned in this way is a good thing.

Susie said...

Hey, let's all be old fashioned. Amen. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

If all of us were 'old fashioned' like this, it would be a nicer world to live itn.

Hootin Anni said...

I really wouldn't say "old fashioned"...just very wise!

Vee said...

I've always like "old-fashioned."

Kathie said...

God bless!

Inger said...

Thank you for the old-fashioned. And for the gorgeous clouds.

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a great message in that song. I am old-fashioned too and I am good company! Have a great week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amen.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- "Being Old-Fashioned" is to hold dear those ideas,philosophies, ways of living that are true and do work to keep us happy and content. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The words are beautiful, it would be nice if every one "old-fashioned" really believed they are bound to do what is right. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy new week!

Lisa said...

I have never heard that song but the words are so true.
Old Fashion is a good thing.
Lisa

Becki said...

What a good time to read these words!

Henny Penny said...

Wouldn't it be a wonderful world if we all were old fashioned in this way. The sky is beautiful in those pictures!

Lowcarb team member said...

Blessings …

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Lovely skies.