Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 10, 2020

WINDY

High winds kept me from my walk outside this morning.
So got my walking done down in the basement walking laps
around the train layout.
Walked three times, 2 miles each time and got my 6 miles done.

Since I didn't take any pictures outside here are a few
from the layout.
Don't see any people about - they must be in isolation too.

A Junk Yard


Karen's Cookie vans are here and there delivering cookies.


Published the Eclair recipe on Karen's Kitchen
and you can see the recipe HERE if you are so inclined.

Walked down to the mailbox this afternoon to get the mail
and just about got blown down the hill in the wind.
Made me realize it was a wise decision not to walk outside!!

Finished up this weeks housework doing just a little bit each day.
Then just kept busy with my usual stuff.

Took apart the puzzle and have picked another one to do but
haven't started it yet.

Hope all is well with you all.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone đŸ„°
Comment Replies:
Debby - Don't know if The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry is on Netflix since we don't get it any more.  The DVD that we watched is ours.  The church I went to before moving here gave them away to anyone who wanted it.  It was my second time watching but Ken's first.


15 comments:

Tom said...

...I could use one or two of Karen's World Famous Cookies right about now! Lately walking across the road to get the mail has been a waste of time, talk about junk. We had snow this morning and then a warm front come through and the trees are now blowing and dancing in the wind. Take care and thanks for the pictures of Ken's handiwork.

Rose said...

The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry sounds good...
just checked Amazon Prime and no luck there...or at Netflix. Got off on a searcch...Have you saw The Last Brickmaker in America? Or Iron Will or The Journey of Natty Gann? They are some of my and the girls' favorite movies.


The Furry Gnome said...

Always love to see the train layout!

ellen b. said...

With so many trees around us it gives new meaning to not walking about when the winds are so strong! Hope your Easter weekend is filled with the joy of what our God did for us!

Granny Marigold said...

So even the people in Train Layout world are in isolation!!

Joyful said...

I just love the train layout. It is such a cosy, pretty little scene. I'm glad you have a nice space to walk when it is too cold, wet or windy outside. Happy Easter :-)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love those Karen's Cookies vans that Ken has put in his train layout. He must really like your cookies. You must have a pretty big basement to be able to do your walk down there. It was really windy here yesterday, but today has been absolutely gorgeous. Sounds like things are going well and that you a good Good Friday. Have a good weekend and I will see you again soon.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You know I enjoy seeing the layout pictures. They always bring back memories for me.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful train layout. Thanx.

God bless.

Kerin said...

That is an amazing set up that your hubby has for trains!

We had super high winds here as well.
Looking forward to warmer and warmer days :)

~K.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It was a good idea to walk inside, it is very windy. I like the Karen's cookies truck. Wishing you and Ken a Blessed Easter!

Jeanette said...

I love seeing pictures of the train layout downstairs and the logo on the cookie van is cute!

Bill said...

The train layout if always a pleasure to see.
The cookie van made me smile. :)

susan q said...

Very windy in south central pa so no walking for me either. Glad you could meet your daily goal. Happy Easter.

Adam said...

Cute van.