Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 11, 2020

No walking stick

Still a little windy this morning but nothing like yesterday
so went walking to town.
31 degrees and mostly cloudy but did see some blue
in there with the clouds.


A few deer were about and some rabbits as well.
Birds singing their morning songs which made for a pleasant walk.


Just getting to town.


Walked all around town up and down most of the streets.

Passed by the old house.
All the forsythias are in bloom in my old back yard.
There are 9 of them across the back of the property.


Then headed back home again.

Sometimes when I take my walking stick I leave it on the ground
once I pass the pesky dog house by a road sign
(Usually when my hands are cold)
and pick it up again walking home.
That is what I did today but when I came back to pick it up,
it was GONE.
I felt bad.  Have had the stick for years and my son made it for me.
Wondered who could have taken it, hardly anyone passes by.
Then I walked on and turned down my street and there in the
distance I saw a person walking down the road with my 
walking stick.
As the person got closer I saw that it was Rebecca.
She doesn't usually walk up my way.
She told me she thought it was my stick and picked it up because
of the pesky dog (came running out barking at her too)
and had planned on putting it back on her way home.
I was so HAPPY to have my stick back again.  😀

 She was the only person I saw out this morning.
Didn't even see anyone going to the bakery!!

By the time I was home it was nice and sunny.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     ⛅️     🌤

Did my usual morning routine and then worked on my
counted cross stitch.  Lots to do yet but it is coming along nicely.

It was a sunny day and 40 but still a bit too windy to work
out in the woods without worrying about a branch coming down on your head.
So we stayed inside.

Started another puzzle and have it almost done already
but it is a small one - only 300 pieces.
Going do to three small ones and will post a picture of all three
when done.
One is a picture of a bear, one of a chipmunk, and a cat.

Today I made Broccoli Rice Casserole for supper
which we haven't had for a very long time.
Now that we have to eat home EVERY DAY
I've been looking through all my recipes.
It's been kind of fun finding and trying long lost recipes or just making
things that I haven't for a while.
Another thing, we eat up all the left overs too and haven't had
to throw any food away that has gone bad in the refrigerator.

 Hope all is well with you all.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Rose - No, haven't seen the movies you mentioned.

Ruth - I always think of you when I post a train picture!

18 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

I like your former forsythias, beautiful!

Tom said...

...the second picture is a beauty! We had a nice sunny day, but it sure was cold, the wind cut right through you! Karen have a Joyous Easter.

Rose said...

Oh, that is such a good story with your walking stick...I am so happy for you that it was only borrowed for a little while. Love those forsythias!

ellen b. said...

Oh, I'm so glad your walking stick was just borrowed! That sky is so pretty. We had and are still having some powerful winds that caused a bit of a dirt storm from the freshly plowed fields across the road from us. We started a 1000 piece puzzle today of Lombard Street in San Francisco. It will be a bigger challenge from the last few. Karen, wishing you a most joyous Resurrection Sunday!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the clouds in the first picture. Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

Pom Pom said...

That's a good walking stick story, Karen! Happy Easter!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you got your walking stick back. If you hadn't you would forever more wonder where in the world it had landed up!!

Happy Easter to you and Ken.

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad you got your walking stick back. I think that other woman who walks needs to get her own stick! I love your pictures form today. Happy Easter to you and Ken.

Vee said...

How Providential that the walking stick was there when Rebecca needed it. I'm sure glad that you got it back. I had hoped to make those eclairs today, but just didn't get that far. Perhaps in the morning.

Joyful said...

I'm so glad you got your walking stick back. Happy Easter to you and your husband.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's why they call it a walking stick. It walks!

God bless. A Blessed Easter.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am glad your friend Rebecca was able to use the stick and still give it back to you. Your old Forsythia bushes look beautiful, I am sure the new owners love them. Happy Easter to you and your family! Take care, stay well. Wishing you a happy new week!

Adam said...

All the bakeries near me are closed.

Jeanette said...

The forsythia bushes are beautiful! I'm glad you did not lose your walking stick. I have one that my brother made and I would feel bad if I lost it!

Debi said...

So glad you got your walking stick back. When I retired my school gifted me a walking stick that was hand carved by another retired teacher and I would be heartbroken if it ever came up missing.

NanaDiana said...

I am so happy you got your walking stick back- especially since your son made it for you. Our bakeries are all closed here-like most everything else.
I hope you have a blessed Easter. Stay safe- xo Diana

Retired Knitter said...

Yes, we don't eat out as much as we did - although we usually do carry out. Now we do delivery and they leave the food outside the door - since it was paid by credit card. In our area we have a lot more people than you do and many more cases of the Covid-9 virus - at least according to the stats I see on TV - so we have to be way more careful.

Bill said...

What a wonderful walking stick story.