Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 09, 2020

A lane walk and eclairs

For my walk this morning I walked up and down the lane
a few times.
It was 45 degrees and felt like rain at any moment but was just
cloudy when I walked.

Starting out here going down the driveway.


Along the lane.


Saw a few deer, a squirrel, and heard a woodpecker.

Walk was a little short today with only 4.5 miles.

🙂     🙂

Such changeable weather today, even more than usual for here!
 We had lots of rain, wind, snow, frozen rain and in between all that
bight sunshine what would last for about 10 minutes and then
back to the other stuff.

The latest puzzle finished.
This was a fun one to do and what a nice red car!!

 My project for today was to make Eclairs.
And it did take most of the day. 
So many different parts to making these.
Not the prettiest looking but they sure do taste good.
Will be putting the recipe on Karen's Kitchen
but not today.

Got a bit more housework done today as well and by late afternoon
it was nice to sit and do a little counted cross stitch.

We watched a movie last night called
The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry
which we both enjoyed.
A Christian film with Gavin Macleod and Robert Guillaume.
Mr Sperry starts a Bible study group for some neighborhood boys.

It's been another good day and one that zoomed right by.
 Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  🥰

 
Comment Replies:
Deb - This is the walking stick that David made for me. 
He gave it to me years ago but don't remember exactly when it was.  
HillTop - To clear up the umbrella and walking stick.  I don't carry both.  When I take along the umbrella I leave the walking stick behind.  Don't ALWAYS take the walking stick either. 

PomPom - Not sure what kind of fish are in the pond but I do know that they stock it.

20 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Those eclairs sound delicious!

Jeanette said...

We had a weird weather day today also! Rain, snow, hail and sunshine in between! It's getting cold now which is sad because it was 70 degrees yesterday!

Pom Pom said...

Yummy! I think they look fantastic!

Tom said...

...I love that 1969 or 1970 Ford Boss 429 and it's red, your color! Take care Karen.

Rose said...

I could sure use a couple of those eclairs! They look and sound delicious. Your weather sounds like Indiana weather sometimes.

Rose said...

Forgot to say I love the car!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm glad you were able to get out, the weather can change so quickly in the Spring. Your eclairs look amazing! I'll be glad when I get some flour again and I can bake! Take care and stay safe! Hugs, Diane

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is so sweet that your son made you a walking stick. I love that puzzle. As you may already know, Charly loves old Mustangs and has owned several. At one point, we had both a '73 Mach I and a '73 Mustang Convertible which was a nice red/orange color. Now we don't have any Mustangs and I know that Charly would love to have another one one day. The eclairs look great - I'll bet they were very good. We had a sunny morning, then as soon as Charly and I went out to walk, the wind began to whip up and the sky darkened. No rain yest. I am wondering if I will be able to have a walk outside at all today. I should have gone in the early morning, like you. See again tomorrow.

Happy@Home said...

I am very impressed with your eclairs. I love them but have never attempted to make my own.

Vee said...

Ohhhh...eclairs... They look wonderful. All day long... hmmm...they look worth it.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh Yum! I love Eclairs, but have never tried to make them.We have a small bakery in town that makes them occasionally .I usually treat myself to one or two at thta time.

Lisa said...

Those eclairs look so good I can’t hardly stand it.
Can’t wait for the recipe.
Lisa

Debby Ray said...

Those eclairs look so good...now I want something sweet! The movie sounds real good. Is it on Netflix?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The best photo is of the eclairs. Why don't all your photos have eclairs by the road side? On hedges, trees, gate posts and so on?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello

That is crazy weather. It is still nice to get our for a walk.
Your eclairs look delicious! Happy Easter weekend!

Sue said...

As always beautiful photos, Karen, You sure had a mixture of weather for one day, our weather is up and down too,, warm one day, cold the other, like today. But this is to be expected for April.
I love eclairs, I must check your recipe,.
I always enjoy seeing what you have accomplished, and always leave inspired! Especially when it comes to walking, I have been a little lax this week in my walking, it seems when I get busy in the garden I am to tired to walk afterwards, a flimsy excuse for sure.
Have a most blessed Easter weekend!
Sue

Bill said...

The eclairs look delicious. I heard on the radio that lots of people are doing puzzles during the lockdown. They are very popular now.
Enjoy your day!

Adam said...

Those eclairs look good

Michelle said...

Those eclairs look good to me! One good thing about staying at home is my walking routine is in high gear. I am liking it.

ellen b. said...

Pass one of those eclairs, please. Sounds like a good day. Fun puzzle!