Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 18, 2020

The Last Puzzle


I did my walking in the basement today making laps around 
Ken's train layout.
Went three different times walking 2 miles each time.
Before breakfast, a little while after breakfast and just before lunch.

Outside the weather was cold and windy with a cold rain.
Don't mind walking in cold, don't mind wind, and don't mind rain but
put them altogether and it doesn't make for a pleasant walk.
We did see some sun near the end of the day.

This is the latest and last puzzle I will be doing this year.
I am finally puzzled out!!
This is one of my favorite ones to do.
Love all the colors.


My project today was cleaning the refrigerator.
I don't mean throwing out the food that went bad.
That hasn't been happening lately.
We've been eating up all left overs since we can't go out to eat.
I don't even remember the last time we ate food that we didn't
have to prepare at home.
Any way I gave the refrigerator a thorough cleaning.
Took everything out one shelf at a time and cleaned each shelf.
The freezer got done too.
It took a lot longer than I though it would but 
it sure is sparkly clean.
I keep opening the door just to look at it!

Did a little more work on the counted cross stitch
and read some too.
I'm reading Y is for Yesterday by Sue Grafton.
I've read all her books starting with the A book.
Sadly she died before she got to write the Z book.

That's been my day.
 A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  ๐Ÿ˜€
Comment Replies:
Kim - Yes, I do like cornbread that is sweeter.  I'll just keep trying recipes until I find one I like.  There has to be one out there for me.  ๐Ÿ™‚

Debi - That is too bad about the lady and the dog in your neighborhood.  Ki, the dog here by me is just a little thing so I don't have a fear of it, it is just an annoyance. 

17 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is quite satisfying to have. A lean appliance, be it fridge, stove or even a freezer.

ellen b. said...

Your last puzzle?! It's only April, LOL! I can see it's easy to get puzzled out. A clean fridge and freezer sounds real good. My dishwasher has been going way more than usual! Hope you have a good evening!

Sandi said...

"Sadly she died before she got to write the Z book."

You should write it! ๐Ÿ˜Š Hey, we have the time. Ha ha!

Tom said...

...I love your first image and the puzzle sure is a BIG WOW! Leftovers are on the menu a lot here and that's just fine with me. Take care Karen.

KEV. Robertson. said...

HI Karen- that is a very colorful Puzzle of the African Wildlife - you certainly do like the Jigsaw Puzzles- stay well there in Maryland. Cheers. KEV.

Rose said...

The question I have is will your fridge stay clean long? Well, and tidy? I probably mean tidy more than clean...I can clean mine and get it tidy looking and before the week is out, you cannot tell it has been done.

I love that first image, too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I do like that puzzle. You will do more puzzles next winter, right? It is a nice, warm springtime day here in Utah. I don't like walking in cold, wind and rain either. We had that weather earlier this week and sounds like it has made its way east. Hope you enjoy your Saturday evening and I will stop by again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

Your last puzzle of the season is a real beauty. Your first picture describes without words what the weather was like this morning. I don't like walking in a cold, blowing rain either.

Granny Marigold said...

Your last puzzle looks like a lot of fun to do with all the colour and detail. A nice puzzle to wrap up puzzle season.
One of these days I will do a super job on my fridge too. I smiled when I read that you went back and opened the fridge door just to enjoy how clean it looked. It's the kind of thing I'd do too.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Did you know that all jigsaw puzzles are made of the same shape pieces. They start with a photo and then cut the shapes by a machine pressing on the cardboard. So, technically, you can make a puzzle out of two or more packets mixed together. Picasso would be proud of you!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the puzzle,all the critters looks so colorful. I am a fair weather walker, when it is cold windy and wet I am happy to stay inside. Enjoy your day, wishing you a healthy new week!

Jeanette said...

I cleaned our refrigerator last week for the first time since we got it about a year and a half ago! It did look very nice and like you I kept opening it to look!

dot said...

Let me know how you like the "Y" book. It really wasn't up to par with the rest of her books in my opinion. I was thinking maybe someone else wrote it for her.

Brenda said...

Love the puzzle. Agree. I work them from October/November to March...by then just tired of them...but will be eager to begin in the fall. Puzzle books, counted cross stitching, reading books for review...homeschool via Facebook...Bible reading/study...etc.etc. Walk 5-6 miles daily...usually inside the apartment and the hallways, but when we have had a few good days, I venture outside and walk around the buildings-wearing a mask...I would never venture to the isolated places you go-would have when younger-not now--you are a brave woman. I love your blog and it is one of few I read...just enjoyable...nice pictures too. Love your husband's train room...He is gifted artist as are you...Have a good rest of the day and good week. Heading to day 40 isolated...food is dropped off to me by family...Just going to do this and be glad I might have helped do my part. Take care...keep writing...P. S. I chuckle when you write about getting Brenda's pizza. My favorite food in the world is cheese pizza (am a vegetarian almost 30 years now) and my name is Brenda. Should have owned pizza place instead of a small Hallmark store before I went back to college to become a teacher in my old age-retired now and missing it...the teaching...not the store...

Bill said...

Puzzle season flew by, I remember when you mentioned that you were going to start for the winter. My daughter reads Sue Grafton. I can't believe she got through the alphabet only to pass away before she wrote Z.
Enjoy your day!

Leslie said...

Hah! I'm puzzled out too!! I think I've done at least 10 since this virus started. That's a beautiful one that you just finished.

I have always enjoyed walking in winter.. cold and windy is okay, but not the rain. Yuck. Looks like we're due for another wet week ahead.
Stay dry and safe my friend..

Nawm D Gerr said...

Feels nice to stop by, your blog is calming. I have read all of the Grafton books too, except for the last couple - something to look forward to. I have had take-out food twice in the last couple of weeks, trying to support some of our local places - both times the food was sort of skimpy and once there was a mistake in what I ordered - frustrating. I keep telling myself that everyone is dealing with difficulty right now. Thanks for your upbeat posts.