Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 17, 2020

Friday

No snow this morning and the snow from yesterday is all gone.
25 degrees this morning and cloudy.
For a little while it seemed like the sun was coming out
but it only lasted a few minutes.

Walked to town.
Then up to the school.
This is across the street from the school.
Made a U turn in the school parking lot and walked back home again.


 One person was out walking his dog.

Saw a few rabbits.
There are two of them in this picture,
but don't think you will be able to find them.
Both are on the left side.


Near home up in a field I stopped counting after seeing 12 deer.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

When I got home from walking and walked in the door,
something sure smelled good.
Ken made us cinnamon rolls for breakfast.
A nice surprise!

The last book I read, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
 had recipes in the back.
Tried the one today for Skillet Cornbread.
Not good.  Didn't taste much better than sawdust 
and I threw it in the garbage.
 Can't seem to find a good recipe for corn bread that I like.

The puzzle I'm working on is an easy one with big pieces.
When of these pieces fall on the fall I have no trouble
seeing it!!!

Had a nice day at home once again keeping busy
doing the usual things.

 That's all for today.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🙂
Comment Replies:
Dot - I understand about dogs protecting their property. This dog does a bit more that. When they chase you down the road, barking and growling with their hair standing up for a block or so I think it's time the owner kept it tied up or in the house.  Besides there is a lease law!  🙂

16 comments:

Rose said...

Cinnamon rolls sounds delicious. It is funny, if I smell cinnamon, I am instantly hungry. Just like I am if I smell onions! I did see the rabbits when I expanded the view.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I have that Fannie Flag book you just read and may read it next. I won't try the corn bread recipe though. That was sure nice of Ken to make cinnamon rolls and also face masks for the two of you. I looked closely and saw the two rabbits in your picture. Hope you have a great weekend. See you tomorrow!

Tom said...

...there no snow here now, but it sure is cold! Take care and stay well.

dot said...

I understand about the dog. A pet fence might be a solution for her but don't know how you would get the word across to her. I have one for my dog.

ellen b. said...

I can only imagine that aroma hitting your senses when you walked in the door. Yum. Hope you have a lovely evening.

Happy@Home said...

I have been craving cinnamon rolls for a long, long time. How nice to come home to the smell of them baking. Oh gosh, that cornbread must have been awful. Do you like it with a bit of sweetness? That is what I was used to in Michigan. In the south they seem to prefer it unsweetened. Tastes wrong to me. I used to make it from the Jiffy mix. Inexpensive and tasty. Although I haven't made it that way since moving here 20 years ago so it may not be as good as I remember.

Debi said...

There is nothing like the smell of baking cinnamon rolls to whet the appetite! Such a nice surprise. You should report the dog if you have a leash law. Two years ago an elderly lady in our community was attacked by a neighbor's dog as she went to her mailbox to get her mail. The dog had growled and barked and started toward her before but she felt he was just being threatening as he didn't come in her yard or follow her. She didn't want to report it because, well, neighbors, she didn't want to cause trouble. Well, on this day, the dog knocked her down, bit her on the face and arms and if another neighbor hadn't happened to be driving by the dog very well could have killed her (she was in her 80s). She suffered through several surgeries to repair the damage he did to her. The dog was put down and the owner served jail time as the dog had been reported as being aggressive before. If the owner isn't going to control his pet then he doesn't deserve to have it. Sorry for the long comment.

Hill Top Post said...

The school looks like a lonely place without all the kiddos coming and going. It was cloudy and cold here all day. Even clothes on the line weren't completely dry by day's end.

Granny Marigold said...

I found the rabbits ( after I enlarged the picture).
Too bad about the corn bread. I used to make some in muffin form and I thought it was pretty good but my DH isn't a fan and I wasn't about to make it just for myself so I gave that up. I hope you eventually find the perfect recipe.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Snow gone!

Are the rabbits hiding behind the tree on the left?

God bless.

Bill said...

The snow is gone, it's like magic. :)
Enjoy your weekend!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the view in the 2nd photo and I found both the bunnies.
I think people should have their dogs fenced and not allowed to run free. I love dogs, but I do not want one running after me and growling.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Vee said...

Ahhhh...cinnamon rolls sound lovely.

Couldn't agree more with your comment about dogs...they should not be allowed to roam.

Henny Penny said...

It's amazing how quick the snow melted. Doesn't look like the same place. I loved the movie, Fried Green Tomatoes. Cornbread is one of my favorite foods. Just in the past year have I been able to make it so it taste delicious. I'm tickled to death. Trouble is, I could eat the whole pan full.

Jeanette said...

That was nice of your husband to make cinnamon rolls for when you got home. They smell so good when they are cooking! Yesterday it snowed all day here too and this morning it was mostly gone. Now the sun has been shining all day and it's all gone. Crazy weather this year!

Inger said...

How nice to be greeted with cinnamon rolls! I saw the two rabbits, but only after I made the picture very big.