Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Latest blanket

No sun this morning but it there was no wind and the
temperature was a nice 45 degrees.

Walking down the road to town it is nice to hear the little
stream flowing along.
I can still see it but soon when things green up along here
I'll only be able to hear it.


When I got to town I walked down the street past the library.


This sign was in the library window.
You can kind of see me taking the picture in the reflection.


Continued on my way over to the ball park and walked the loop
a couple of times.
There are 7 horseshoe pits there that haven't been used in years.
Looks like they are either fixing them up or getting rid of them.


 I like to play horseshoes and we used to play often years ago.

I have an old picture somewhere of my Gramma Green playing horseshoes.
It is the only time I've seen my gramma wearing pants.
Going to try to find the picture and if I do I'll post it tomorrow.

From the ball park walked past the post office around by the
day care center and home again.

Only people I saw this morning were two people going into the bakery.

Walked 6 miles

☁️     🙂     ☁️

We couldn't watch church on the TV through the play station
like we thought.  It said the browser didn't support the application.
So we had to watch on the computer like usual.
A bit disappointing but at least we can see it.

Finished sewing the blanket baby last evening.
I was 5 squares short with the yarn I was using so filled in with
5 squares of white placed randomly.
Hope it looks alright.


The next couple of weeks I'm going to be making weave-it squares
for the yellow gingham bedspread for our bed.
 
 Pancakes for breakfast this morning.
Then got some work done around the house.

I spent a lot of the afternoon watching Ken play his
new video game!
Wow the graphics on these games sure have come a long way.

Plan on reading this evening after a TV show and ice cream snack.
Haven't done much reading lately.

That's all for today.
 A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

16 comments:

Tom said...

...your town look like empty.
...I'm see a lot of sign like this one.
...horseshoes I think has become an old guys game.
...when it come to electronics, count me out.
...a nice mix of soft colors.
Take care Karen.

Debi said...

Such a pretty walk... I love the sound of water too. I'm wondering if you can connect your computer to your television using an HDMI cord. That's what we use when we watch streaming videos and also sometimes when we video chat with our grands. I love your blanket and I think the white blocks look great. Somewhere along the way I missed (or more likely forgot!!) how you make those blocks... are they made with a loom? Stay safe and well!

Granny Marigold said...

There's a nice horseshoe place that we walk past almost every day. Well kept up and in summer ( well, not this one obviously) RVs and trailers come and park nearby for weekend long tournaments. They even have their own sort of clubhouse. All this is right in the park by the lake.

ellen b. said...

I like that baby blanket. Neither of my grandmother's ever wore trousers. My mother got blasted by some women when she wore a pair of pants. Times have changed. For my whole schooling through Senior high I wore a dress or skirts.

Vee said...

The blanket came out beautifully. I like the color combination. Whatever Ken is playing must be very interesting. I just want a good old-fashioned game of Pacman or Tetris.😁

Rose said...

That blanket is beautiful...I bet they are so soft and warm for a baby. Every so often I go look at one of the pin-it looms. But I always come back to I need another hobby about like I need another hole in my head. And I do the same thing with tatting.

My nephew was so sad that he didn't get to say good-by to his library this year....he is in 4th grade and will be going to a different school next year. When his mom told the librarian what he said, she told her that she seldom seen a child that was so interested in historical nonfiction and drama.

KEV. Robertson. said...

I'm assuming the Library is closed. The Librarians certainly care for the locals - as per their lovely sign. Always enjoy your postings.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Looking forwards to your horseshoe photo. I think I saw Colonel Potter in MASH play it once. We don't have this game in the UK.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The only time we see other people is in the food stores. I am thankful for all the heroes on the front line. The baby blanket is pretty, I love all the colors. Take care! Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend!

Jeanette said...

Have you tried connecting your computer to your TV? I can hook my laptop up to my TV with just a HDMI cord.

Aritha V. said...

Pretty walk! Aaaah that sign in the library window. I am missing my library. But the book store is open :-)

Bill said...

I haven't played horseshoes in years but always enjoyed it. I'm not a big fan of electronic games. Our library is missed too, I'll be glad when it reopens. The blanket looks nice and the white squares look fine where you placed them. Enjoy your day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a beautiful blanket. Yes, the Playstation graphics are pretty good now. So glad that Ken is enjoying his new toy. Have a good weekend.

susan q said...

Love this color combination of the blanket:) Sadly our local library is closed. I miss it. Open soon I hope. Stay safe Karen and Ken!

Michelle said...

Your walks inspire me. I am out for at least an hour each day now. Easier now that I am home all day. Stay well.

Happy@Home said...

Very pretty colors on that baby blanket.
I had a Grandma Green too, but she passed away before I had the chance to meet her. I hope you find that picture.