Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 22, 2020

A sunny walk

Our crazy weather last night ended
with a beautiful sunset.


This morning brought lots of sunshine while I was out walking
but pretty chilly with a temperature of 25 degrees and windy at times.

A walk to town.
A couple of rabbits hopping around and I saw the deer
that visit around our house often down the road a bit.
There are only 4 of them now! 
Something must have happened to the fifth one.

Once I got to town I didn't go into town but stayed walking
around the cemeteries.



No one else out walking when I was.

Then headed back home again.


What a beautiful morning to be out walking.
 Walked 6 miles

☀️     🙂     ☀️

Got the slow cooker started with chili first thing this morning
after breakfast.
I had finished cutting up the celery and was on the pepper 
when Ken came in the kitchen and took over the cutting..
He worries that I'll cut myself again.

A housework day today and got most of it done.

Sewed some more strips on the baby blanket and only have
two more to go which will get done later this evening.

It's been sunny all day but stayed cold and windy
so we didn't make it outside to work today.

Taco Salad for supper made with the chili and in just a bit
we will watch church on FB.
 Ken hooked up the play station to the television 
and we can get on line through there so can watch
church sitting in our chairs instead of at the computer!

We've been watching old movies of Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire
 the last few evenings.
Movies are corny but oh what dancers they were!!
They make it look so easy.
 
That's all for today.
A happy and healthy day to you.
Thanks for visiting.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Dot - I found your strolling through Georgia blog.  Thanks for the link for the cornbread recipe.  Checked it out but I'm looking for a recipe made in a skillet.  I've never had for cornbread with cheese in it before.

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Enjoy church in your living room. You may never be able to watch TV again now that Ken has his Play Station hooked up to it. ;-) I remember Ginger Rogers. When I was a little girl, I went with my mom to a personal appearance by Ginger Rogers at a mall in Colorado. She was giving a talk and was selling a certain brand of panty hose. I guess selling pany hose in person was her retirement plan. I remember the standing at the mall and she was on stage talking about the panty hose. I don't think she danced or anything - just talked about how wonderful these panty hose were. :-)

Tom said...

...that sure is a colorful way to start your day! We started with snow and wind with sunny peeking through later in the day. Spring seems reluctant this year. Take care, Karen.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful sunset photo. Today we have finally had a very pleasant day, so outside work it was.

Rose said...

Wow, what a view to meet your eyes this morning! I like some of the old movies...I just a few weeks ago got to watch an old movie--Wild River and enjoyed it so much.

Angie said...

Our spring is at least a couple of weeks behind normal, but at least I don't anticipate we will get any more snow. Lovely sunset, and your talk of chili and tacos and cornbread is making me really hungry! Hope you soon will be able to attend church in person. The governor of Montana has begun a phased re-opening on April 27, and part of it includes leaving it up to places of worship to determine if they can open safely.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Sounds a busy day for you and Ken. Old Movies - musicals are great arn't they...I watched 'Hans Christian Anderson' the other night and enjoyed it very much. Cheers. KEV.

Granny Marigold said...

Just looking at today's pictures with the sunshine one doesn't know how chilly it was. I hope you get warmer weather soon!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful sunset! I'm glad you had a sunny albeit cold walk this morning. You have a kind husband. Taco salad sounds real good. I'm getting bored with our meals. I'll need to step it up with something different. I'm guessing it's already Thursday in your neck of the woods since I'm commenting so late. Have a good Thursday!

Henny Penny said...

Hey Karen. 25 degrees sounds cold. Seems like we've had more cold and wind in March and April than we had in January and February. Been weird, that's for sure. I've said it before but you live in such a beautiful place. I love the hills and farms...and how you can see so far away. Love your pictures.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At last, a sunny day. It's getting warm I hope.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

That was a beautiful sunny morning for a walk. I'm hoping for some sunny days this weekend!

Kerin said...

As always, I love seeing your pictures...they are always so pretty.

We are due for a warm up this weekend; I am ready for warm weather and buckets of sunshine.

Smiles :)
~K.

Debby Ray said...

Your chili and taco salad (actually two favorites of mine) sound delightful. It sounds as if you are getting by just fine during this strange time we are living in. I truly believe we can make the most of any situation when we leave it up to the Lord. Have a blessed weekend, Karen!

Bill said...

A beautiful start to your day!
Enjoy the day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

We've been watching some of our old movies...my hubby calls them classics! Spaceballs, Back to the Future...movies like that! heehee! But they are cute and easy to watch. Enjoy your walks! Take care!

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire are a joy to watch.

All the best Jan

Sue said...

We would love to be able to watch church service on our tv, just haven't figured out how yet! Praying this'll soon be over!
I enjoy walking through cemeteries, reading headstones as they tell stories about the folks. . I am also a fan of Fred and Ginger, and would love to be able to dance like they did, in my mind I am thinking I could, ha!

Our weather has been so sporadic lately, I just don't know what to expect each day, the wind has been so active. Thank you for sharing, thank you for visiting,
6 miles is such a great accomplishment, I usually get about 41/2 miles. once in awhile ,maybe 6, but not very often, you still motivate me to keep going, and my Dr thanks you. ~wink~
Blessings,
Sue