Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 24, 2020

A Visitor

A rainy morning walk today and 45 degrees.
No wind though so was able to take along my umbrella
and it stayed up the whole walk.
Also wore my rain slicker but not the pants which was a mistake
because I got a bit wet.
Feet stayed dried though in my wonderful Keen walking shoes!

Never did take my phone out to take a picture so sorry no
pictures along my walk today.

Walked to town and up and down the streets.
The one cemetery was too muddy in places to walk around.

No people out again but did see LOTS of rabbits and robins.

Cut my walk a little short today and walked 5.5 miles.
Not so much fun walking in wet pants!
One nice thing about walking in the rain is
listening to the rain on my umbrella. ๐Ÿ™‚

๐ŸŒง     ๐Ÿ™‚     ๐ŸŒง

Well, looked all over the place today for that picture of my
gramma playing horseshoes and could not find it.
Did find lots of other old pictures though and spent a good
long time looking through them.

I made the mistake of looking up games to play on the computer
on line and found some of the type of games that I like to play.
Mahjong 
Solitaire
Bubble Shooter
 They sure are time eaters and I spent way to much time
playing games today.
But I did have fun!!

We heard a knock at the door, peaked out and there was a man
standing on the porch keeping a good distance from the door.
It was our Pastor.
Pastor Leatherman and his wife Kathy (in the car) were going to
members of church and leaving little goodie bags and just to
say hi and found out how we were.
It was sure good to see them in person!!!

 If you're reading this Pastor we thank you so much,
not just for the goodies but caring for all of us.
We love you and Kathy.
What a blessing is it to be part of this family of God.

That's it for today.
May your day be a healthy and happy one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ๐Ÿฅฐ
Comment Replies:
Vee - Ken's game is a war ship game and he has to blow up ships.  

Debi and Jeannette - thought about hooking up the computer to the TV but we both have big screen desk top apple computers in another room.  Besides the screens are big enough to just watch on the computer.  Just though that since we had the play station we could use that.

Debi - The squares that I make are on a 4 inch square loom called a weave-it loom. 
Click HERE to see loom.
Also if you click on the Weave-it link below the posts there is
more information about them.

Kim - My Gramma Green lived a good long life.  She was 97 when she died and I was holding her hand at the time.  She lived to see quite a few great great grandchildren.

18 comments:

KEV. Robertson. said...

Sounds as though you've had a nice relaxing sort of day - with bonus of your Pastor's visit. Stay well there. KEV.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is really nice that your pastor came by to say hello and bring a goody bag. I love that! Yes, those online games can be fun, but they can sure take some time. I enjoy Worlds with Friends, but haven't played it for a while. It is a Scrabble type game. Have a great evening.

NanaDiana said...

What a great walk- I like being out in the rain as long as it is not a thunderstorm.
Love that the pastor came by and really LOVE the Baptist Bread booklet! Stay Safe- xoDiana

Tom said...

...we stopped by a nursing home today to leave off some magazine for the residents to read and the local Catholic priest was going in with all of his productive gear on. Times sure have changed. Take care.

Lisa said...

How sweet of your pastor to do this. Sorry you had a wet walk. We walked twice today as the sun was shining and the temps were in the 80s.
Lisa

ellen b. said...

What a great knock on the door that was. Nice. Games do have a way of taking over your time. Have a good night.

Granny Marigold said...

What a fine caring person your pastor must be. Sounds like apart from having to get wet this morning you had a good day. So did I.

Joyful said...

I find when it rains heavily I am okay as long as my feet stay dry so I loved hearing about your new shoes.Happy weekend to you.

Rose said...

That even warms our hearts to hear about your pastor coming by to say hi. I bet he misses everyone so much, too. The sound of rain on the umbrella--that would be such a pleasant sound.

Rose said...

I love Mahjong...have you tried Mahjong Dimensions? It is a super time waster.

Pom Pom said...

How wonderful that your pastor stopped by. I bet all pastors are missing their church.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Awww! That is so special to have the pastor drop off goodie bags for everyone .

Hill Top Post said...

What a nice surprise visit. I heard a few drops on my umbrella this morning, but the heavy rain held off until evening.

Kerin said...

Lovely to have a surprise visit!
Very thoughtful of your pastor.

I love Keen shoes as well, and my Keens have traveled all over with me..Hawaii, California, Idaho, Nevada..etc..etc.
Sure is nice to have a comfy pair of shoes :)

Have a nice weekend.

~K.

Vee said...

What your pastor did is just amazing! I love it! Now he and his wife surely are salt of the earth folks.

I like shooting ships. I played one game about landing aircraft so often that I knew I'd have to give it up, which I reluctantly did some years ago.

It's nice to walk in the rain if it's not too cold and one doesn't get too wet; otherwise, forget it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a kind Pastor you have.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

It was so nice of your pastor to stop by and visit. I like playing the Mahjong games and solitaire. Take care, wishing you a happy weekend!

Bill said...

What a nice and caring pastor you have.