Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 16, 2020

It's not spring here yet!


 Another dusting of snow last night and it seemed more like
February then April this morning but still great to be outside walking.
It was 24 degrees with just a bit of a wind.
It was cloudy when I started out with snow flurries once in a while.
Didn't walk up the lane but took a picture as I passed by.


Walked to town and stopped to take a picture of one of my favorite
farms on the way.
Looked like the sun was trying to break through the clouds.


That didn't last very long though because by the time I got to the 
edge of town and walked around the cemeteries 
the sky was looking black again.


No one else out walking when I was.
Saw a couple of pretty big rabbits sitting under a bush.
Down by the pond spotted a couple of Killdeers.

Walking back home again it started to snow.


Just up and around a couple of bends in the road is home.


That little pesky dog Ki still comes out after me once in a while
and today was one of those days.
The whole time she's barking and growling her owner is calling her
but Ki completely ignores her.
Had my walking stick and hit the road with it a few times and
Ki finally went running back home.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    ⛅️     ๐ŸŒจ 

Once a upon a time when we lived normal lives
it would have been Baby Blanket Day at church.
So this morning I made weave-it squares and thought about all
the other woman I didn't get to see today.

Good News!
Found the missing puzzle piece.
Thought I looked all over the floor yesterday for it but there
it was today, just sitting there on the floor.
And more good news,
the voice mail on my phone is working again.
Went on line and found out that I needed to download an
update for my phone.  Once I did that all was well with voice mail.

I've started another puzzle.
Pretty sure this will be the last one for this year.
I'm just about puzzled out.
This one is 600 pieces but the pieces are BIG and it takes up
most of the table.
It is very colorful and a fun one to do.

I did no work today and only did fun things.  ๐Ÿ™‚

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  ๐Ÿ™‚
Comment Replies:
Kerin - I really enjoy all the seasons and try to enjoy each day whatever the weather,
there's not much you can do about it. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

19 comments:

Tom said...

...you got a lot more snow than we did, but spring was put on hold here too! I must say though that your snow pictures are beautiful, but bring on the flowers right about now.

ellen b. said...

Yikes! Look at that snow. Beautiful photos. Yippee for finding the puzzle piece. I'm sure glad you take that walking stick with you. Looking forward to getting back to a new normal.

dot said...

I have a pesty little dog and when someone goes by and she barks at them, I've found if I don't go out and call or yell at her she is not nearly as bad. If I'm outside and she barks and I holler at her it seems to make her worse. I think dogs are just being protective of their owner and property when they do that. Just my opinion. They sure don't call me the dog whisperer. lol

Rose said...

Wow, you have got some great photos today! I love the one by the cemetery so much, and love the last one best...but really enjoyed them all.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great pictures of the snowfall!

Granny Marigold said...

That's great....that you found the missing piece of the kitten puzzle.
I can understand why you'd be "puzzled out". You've been doing them at a remarkable pace.
Keep well.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Those snow laden trees and shrubs do look pretty, but it would be so much more welcome in November .

Joyful said...

Wow, such pretty pictures today with all the snow. I'm so glad to hear you only did fun things today. Have a blessed evening.

Vee said...

Oh no! More snow! We're expecting flurries and I am not amused. In fact, I'm so cranky that I could come down there and give Ki's owner a piece of my mind. What is the matter with her?! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ So good to find the lost piece of the puzzle.

Kerin said...

Very pretty pictures.
I like your positive attitude, as you mentioned... there really isn't anything that will change the weather :)

Have a happy weekend.

~K.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Those are beautiful pictures, but you are right, they look more like February than mid-April. Hope you have a great Friday.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Lovely snow covered photos - which is all very alien to us where we live here in Australia. We're coming into Winter soon- it'll be cold though no snow at all. Best Wishes. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos. Thanx. It's like Christmas again!

God bless.

Henny Penny said...

Karen, you amaze me. I would have been complaining and whining about more snow and cold weather. Happyone is a perfect name for you.

Pom Pom said...

Yay for fun things!

Debi said...

Yay for no work days! Sometimes that is just what we need!

Bill said...

Beautiful photos of the snowy roads but what happened to spring. :)

Michelle said...

Today, I am only doing fun things and I love it. We are supporting our local Mexican restaurant and ordering supper tonight...even better! We had snow flurries this week in KY and I didn't appreciate it :(

Happy@Home said...

Your walk definitely looks wintry. I was talking to someone in Michigan this morning and they were expecting 1-4". No snow here, but it has cooled down to 71. :).