Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Muddy water


 During the night we had quite a storm blow through.
Hard rain with lots of lightening, thunder, wind, and even hail.
 So was happy when I woke up this morning it was all over
and could go for my morning walk.

It was 48 degrees and cloudy with a few peeks of blue sky
every now and then.

Saw quite a few deer on the way to town.
Here is one in silhouette up in the field.


 The little stream that runs along the road I walk down to the
main road was muddy from all the rain last night.


Walked to town and went around the lower cemetery first.
Than walked through town to the ball park and walked that loop.
The stream behind there was muddy too.


After that I headed back home again.

Two people were fishing at the pond this morning.
Same people from yesterday.

The bakery in town is still open and seems to be doing a great business!

Walked my usual 6 miles
Found a quarter

⛅️     🙂     💰

Today was the day we went to the refuse center to drop off
the trash.  That was the big event for the day. 

Got a little more work done around the house.
Not very nice outside till late afternoon so just stayed inside
and kept busy again doing my usual things.
Puzzle
Reading
Cross Stitch
Weave-its

 Hope all is well with you.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
PomPom - No, don't really get tired of carrying the umbrella.  I usually take my walking stick that son David made me when I go walking, so just used the umbrella as a walking stick.  Besides it is good for keeping that pesky little dog away from me!!  🙂

18 comments:

Sandi said...

The deer! Have you ever read Hinds Feet on High Places?

The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. For the director of music. On my stringed instruments. Habakkuk 3:19

ellen b. said...

Pretty silhouette. Glad you got good walking weather. That water is muddy so that must have been quite a hard storm.

Tom said...

...the sight of the deer on the ridge is fabulous! We had rain over night, but nothing like the kind you received. Folks selling food these days seem to be doing a good business here too. Take care Karen, stay safe.

Rose said...

When I was a kid, I would have wanted to be playing in the water and the mud! I love seeing the water run, as long as it is not a terrible flood. Agree that that deer shot is wonderful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It is always a treat to see deer. I don't see them as often right now, but towards fall they come out of the bushes.

Happy@Home said...

Neat picture of the deer silhouette. That sounds like quite a storm. We could use some rain here.

Granny Marigold said...

If storms have to occur it's nice to have them happen at night. Sounds like you had quite a severe one.
Great shot of the deer on the hillside.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your pictures from today. I don't think I have ever seen a picture of the walking stick your son made for you. Sounds like a pretty good day. With this virus, and staying home, sometimes, my big event of the day is taking out the trash as well. ;-) See you again soon. Stay well!

Hill Top Post said...

The deer silhouette is a great shot! I can't seem to manage carrying both my stick and an umbrella, so it is one of the other. My hubby always tells me to carry a stick so, if I should need to, I could whack a pig on the nose. :~/

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty sky and I love the deer silhouette shot. We are having some rain now, I hope it stops soon. Take care, wishing you a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another coin for your collection.

God bless.

Kerin said...

I love mornings after a storm!
Beautiful pictures...thanks for sharing.

Enjoy your day.

~K.

Debi said...

I love the photo of the deer... how lucky you were to catch that. I do love a good rainstorm, but frankly, I am so tired of rain right now. We are averaging about 5 rainy days out of every 7 and that's just a bit much for me!

Inger said...

I love the stream and as I sit in bed and read your posts they always inspire me to get up and begin my day.

Bill said...

Great shot of the deer up on the hill.
Enjoy your day!

Pom Pom said...

I didn't know you take a walking stick! Nice!
What kind of fish live in the pond?
Whoa! That's a lot of mud! I'm glad you still got outside to walk!

Jeanette said...

I love the silhouette deer picture! Do you save the money you find in a jar or anything?

Retired Knitter said...

That first picture was impressive.