Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

A dusting


The dusting of snow we got yesterday was still here
when morning arrived.


It was 22 degrees and cloudy when I first left walking.
Walked to town and right on through till I came to the 
Dollar General. Then turned around and walked back home.
It is 3 miles away from the house just like the school!

  No one about this morning that I saw.
Just people in cars and trucks.
I miss seeing all the bus drivers who wave to me each morning.

Nice to see the sun shining brightly as I walked back home.


Walked 6 miles

☀️     🙂     🌤

We had to go to Walgreen's this morning to pick up Ken's prescription
and a couple other things.
It is in Grantsville, 14 miles from home, and we got to drive in a different
direction for a change!

These are the colors that are in the next baby blanket
that I've started working on.
Marilyn, one of the women from Baby Blankets gave me some yarn
and this is some of it.

Did a little work on my cross stitch.

My phone isn't letting me get to my voice mail.
Phone says I have 3 messages but when I try to call voice mail,
it rings and then immediately hangs up so can't get to the messages.
I must have changed some setting by accident.

 That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone  🙂

Comment Replies:
Ellen - I'll save the puzzle with the missing piece for a while just to make sure the missing piece isn't on the floor or somewhere.  I'll check the vacuum to see if it is in there too.  If I don't find it in a reasonable about of time I'll throw the puzzle away!

Jeanette - Yes, I save the coins I find in old glass banks.  You can see them on a post I 
did back in Jan 2,2015.  BANKS

19 comments:

Michelle said...

My DG has been a saving grace for us. About 10 minutes from our house and limited people in the store, always. Thank goodness we have that. We had snow flurries yesterday. I didn't appreciate it and glad it didn't stick! lol Stay well!

Tom said...

...the dusting of snow looks beautiful, but at this point I'm looking for spring beauty. Folks around here wave to each other, something I don't think they did so much before. Take care Karen.

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a good plan of attack before you throw the puzzle away. I was wondering what a Dollar General looked like. Thanks for the photo. Love that color combination for the baby blanket!

The Furry Gnome said...

I can't believe you had snow way down there in sunny southern Maryland!

Rose said...

I think the snow looks lovely...and the colors of the new baby blanket is, too. I just love them.

Vee said...

I do not like seeing April snow, especially way down there in your corner. I just raked out my rhubarb and the front garden today. Hope that we don't get more snow. We've had more than enough this month. It was interesting to see all that money that you would not have if you didn't pick up coins along the way.

Debi said...

We hada dusting of snow this morning that lasted until about 10 am. The rest of the day was sunny but not warm... I guess we can't have it all!

Granny Marigold said...

The dusting of snow is pretty but not what one expects in the middle of April.
I hope you figure out what the problem is with your phone not letting you retrieve your messages.

Angie said...

I don't know about your area, but our Spring seems to be late in arriving here. We had an icy start today, and it was quite brisk. Many of our spring birds are not here. But the smattering of snow is still pretty. Good for you to get out for a walk even in the chill! Stay well.

Lisa said...

Hope Spring reaches you soon.
Those colors are going to look good together.
Lisa

Hill Top Post said...

I think this walk might be one of my favorites. I like seeing the wooded areas along the highway. And the dusting of snow sure does dress it up. Of course, it will be green very soon and that will be nice too. I am going to like the new blanket. It was cold here this morning. The birds' water was a chunk of ice. The apple trees were in bloom. :~/

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Not more snow!!! Do you realise it is April?

God bless.

Bill said...

Snow, who wants it this time of year. :) Maybe it will be the last time before it gets warm for good.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We missed the snow here, they did call for some. The Dollar General seem to be everywhere. This cold weather feels like winter not spring.
Your blankets look pretty! Take care, enjoy your day! Wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

Kerin said...

The dusting of snow makes everything pretty, but wintry too.
Are you done with winter? Are you wishing for spring?
I have a dear friend that love, loves, winter.

Hope you're able to fix the glitch in you voice mail system...that's frustrating.

Have a happy rest of your week.

~K.

Jeanette said...

Thanks for answering my question about the coins! I checked out the post and those banks are pretty cool! Enjoy your day!

Kathy said...

Hi! New here, just found your blog! I enjoyed it so much, I will add you if it's ok.

Sue said...

Thank goodness for Dollar General, makes shopping so much easier when one lives in rural areas, we have two near by us, and they are always busy!.
We haven't had snow this month, but have had frost that has hurt some of our veggie plants, actually we will be replanting the green beans.
Once in a while I will find a few coins when I walk, and am so tickled to see them.
Have a great day,
Sue

Inger said...

Your snow pictures are beautiful. We had our first warm morning, then the winds started howling again.