Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Puzzles Three

My walk into town this morning was a cloudy one,
30 degrees but no wind.

Always nice to be outside walking at the start of a new day.


Passed up both cemeteries this morning and walked up to
the school.  It is exactly 3 miles to the school from my house.
So I walked there and back.

Saw what caused the problem with the road being closed yesterday
when the wires came down.
A tree fell on the wires.
Two new telephone poles had to be put up too.
Good thing the tree fell the way it did and didn't fall on the house.

Picture taken on the way back from the school which is behind
me and up a bit of a hill.


Picture taken just a bit down from the school.
If you look closely you can see the cemetery on top of the hill
over on the right by the tree.
The Drane house is about in the middle of the picture.

Didn't see any one else out walking this morning.
Just the usual deer and rabbits.
Saw a opossum waddling along the stream down from my house.
Boy those things a ugly!!

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny

☁️     💰     🙂

A cloudy day and in the afternoon we got a dusting of snow!!

Tuesday, so off to the Shop and Save we went to do our food shopping.
Once again just a few people there.

 I spent way too much time today working on that third puzzle
of the kitty but did finish it.
Too bad there is a piece missing out the kitty one.


I'll be making some weave-it squares this evening.
Working on the baby blanket for the month of May.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy and healthy day to you.
happyone   🥰

15 comments:

Tom said...

...a nice sunrise to start your day, the view of the red barn with last year's corn stubble is a favorite two. Take care Karen.

Rose said...

What a glorious start to your day...enjoyed the pics. And the puzzles look fun. That kitty is so cute.

Ruth Hiebert said...

When you said there was a piece missing from the kitty one, I had to enlarge the picture so I could see just where it was missing. Found it.

Vee said...

Couldn’t agree with you more about opossums! Freaky they’re so ugly. Makes me shudder. Cute puzzles...I like the kitty best.

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful sunrise and nice completed puzzles. Like Ruth I had to enlarge the picture to find the missing piece of the kitten.

ellen b. said...

Beautiful sunrise. It's always quite a disappointment to have a missing puzzle piece. We found the three missing pieces from our last puzzle on the floor. I was happy the puzzle was complete. Fun puzzles you finished. Now...will you get rid of the kitten puzzle since a piece is missing?

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Beautiful sunrise, a great start to you day! The puzzles are cute.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Lisa said...

Beautiful Sunrise! We had some pretty strong winds and storms the other night. Lighting hit a tree in my parents yard and fell on their house also taking down the power lines. Its a mess right now.
My daughter loves puzzles. We got her a couple for her Easter basket. Had trouble finding 1000 piece puzzles but did find some pretty 500 piece ones at the dollar store. They should get her by until things get back to normal.
Lisa

Dianna said...

Your pictures are always so good, Karen. That first one of the sunrise is just really pretty.

The puzzles are pretty...and if you hadn't said something I would never have noticed the missing piece. In fact, I still don't see where it is. :)

Jeanette said...

Beautiful pictures! I happen to think possums are cute and they have a lot of benefits to the environment! Do you save the money you find?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another penny ...

God bless.

Kerin said...

Love that picture with the Drane house... so pretty and pastoral.

~K.

Aritha V. said...

I read your blogpost with real pleasure.
Love it.
Wish we could walk together :-)

Bill said...

Beautiful sunrise and congrats on finishng the puzzles.
Have a wonderful day!

Joyce F said...

Nice puzzles. I get most of mine from a thrift shop for 25 cents and don't worry about one piece missing since I'm not going to glue them. I have bought new puzzles where there is an extra piece (identical to one already in the puzzle) and feel bad because I know someone got a puzzle with a piece missing.