Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 06, 2020

Walking

Changed my walk up a bit this morning.
Left the house walking at 6:30.
It was 32 degrees and snowing.
Sunrise 6:39


Walked to town.
Ken left at 7:00 to go have breakfast with Edd down in Oakland.
He picked me up in town and I went with him to Oakland
and he dropped me off while he went for breakfast.
By this time the snow had already stopped.

I walked down through town



and over to the path



which leads to a park with a walking path around it.


Then back to town and Ken picked me up in front of the library.

A couple was out walking around the park and another woman
on her own.  
A man was out walking too and his good morning response to mine
was said it a most depressing way.
It was very drawn out,  g  o  o  d   m  o  r  n  i  n  g
and his voiced dropped down at the end.
That's the best I can describe it.

I wished him a happy day!

I walked 6.7 miles

🌨    ☁️    🌤  

We went out later in the day to do a few errands.
The weather was crazy.
We had snow, sun, and back to sun again all day long.  
Lost count of how many times it changed back and forth.

Didn't get much done around the house today.
Just puttered about doing this and that.

We had homemade pizza for supper.

A crazy weather day but a good one!!

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️


Comment Replies:
GrannyM - No, the book The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg is NOT a murder mystery.  It is about the founding of a town in the late 1800's and how the town grows and what becomes of all the people living there.  
Fannie Flagg is also an actress, has written for television and screen plays.  She wrote the book and screenplay for Fried Green Tomatoes.

20 comments:

ellen b. said...

How nice to have a bit of a change up for your walk. You two make a good team.

Rose said...

I bet that felt good to walk in a different place....well, that just looked like a pleasant walk. But I like your normal walk, too.

Granny Marigold said...

I might have to look for books by Fannie Flagg. She sounds interesting and I did enjoy Fried Green Tomatoes.

NanaDiana said...

It's nice to cover different trails sometimes. Your walking is so inspiring to me. I walked daily when we were gone...but wimp out when I get back to cold, cold Wisconsin. lol
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog today about Bright Eyes...had a hard time emailing directly (my end) Have a great weekend- xo Diana

Ruth Hiebert said...

Sounds like typical spring weather, such as we expect around here.

Tom said...

...looks like a cold walk, stay warm.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Looks like a nice little town you walked in today. I have never read anything by Fannie Flagg although I do have Fried Green Tomatoes on my "to read" pile. See you tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

You got some nice snowy morning pictures today. Myy favorite is the first one. I hope the gentleman cheered up after you wished him a "Happy Day." :~)

Joyful said...

I enjoyed the sights and buildings of your town on your walk today. Home made pizza on a wintery looking day sounds great. Have a blessed weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like your street lamp posts. Were the batteries running low on the man wishing you Good Morning?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the walking path, very pretty forest and field views. The weather does sound crazy, we had some rain. Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Watching the Snow falling down to earth is a great way to spend the day...alas I've never seen it.

Vee said...

It must be a pleasant change to walk in Oakland. Looks like a pretty little town. Hopefully, your cheery greeting and good wishes had a good effect on that gentleman.

Happy@Home said...

Looks like a nice way to change up your walking route. The town looks very cute and the park with a walking path is very nice too.
Sounds like your weather was having trouble making up it's mind. I guess that can be the way it goes, esp. at this time of year.
LOVE Fanny Flagg. I think I have read all of her books.

Sue said...

How nice to have a change of scenery, I walk the same trail everyday, the animals will sometimes do something silly, I try and use this time to pray.
You and Ken seem to have everything working together.
Read your last post, You did a great job with coloring, I am very much interested in reading this book.
Thanks for sharing, have a great day.
Hugs,
Sue

Bill said...

The walking paths look very nice. Maybe the man you saw was a bit depressed because of the weather.
Have a fantastic weekend.

Sandi said...

The snow is melting. Time for Spring!

I remember Fanny Flagg from Match Game.

William Kendall said...

Frosty comes to mind with these.

Retired Knitter said...

Walking in new areas is always refreshing.

GretchenJoanna said...

What a fun set of walks that was - fun to hear about, but I'm sure much more to DO!