Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 07, 2020

Snow and ice

Woke up this morning to snow and ice so no morning walk outside.
Walked the basement loop.
A couple more train pictures from Ken's layout.


Changed around my hutch today.
Took all the yellow Fiestaware off and put some 
pottery pieces and some folk art Pfaltzgraff out.

 Finished reading The Whole Town's Talking today.
It was a great book.
I will definitely be reading the other books that
Fannie Flagg has written.

After lunch the sun came out and I went outside.
Shoveled the driveway and then just walked around for a bit.
So nice to have a sunny day with snow.

Made a few more weave-it squares and sewed some 
of the squares together.
I'm half finished with the blanket.

Sunset the other evening.
Looked like the sky was on fire.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️

15 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh what a gorgeous sunset!

Pom Pom said...

Do you listen to music while you walk in the basement?
I'm glad you got to go out and shovel snow in the sunshine!

Sandi said...

I ❤️ your little village. And your peaceful posts! 😊

Granny Marigold said...

Isn't it fun to change things around a bit. I did some of that too this week. My decoration included a chocolate bunny. I hope he ( she?) will last until Easter.

Tom said...

...Karen, I'm sorry to hear that stayed indoors, but I'm glad to see more of Ken's beautiful work.

Cathy said...

Did you say you finished David Copperfield? Did you like it?

The Furry Gnome said...

I'd love to see that layout in person and find out how it was built.

Debi said...

I like to change up things every now and then too. Your sunset photo is beautiful. I so enjoy seeing Ken's train photos. Happy weekend!

Rose said...

Oh, my, that does look like the sky is on fire...so gorgeous. Is that actual steam coming from that train in the bottom photo? I, too, love seeing the photos of the train layout.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - now you have inspired me to read that Fanny Flagg book on my "to read" pile. I love that sunset picture and I always enjoy pictures of the train layout. See you again soon.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Impressive train set.

God bless.

Bill said...

Fantastic sunset. Did you catch your train on time? :)
I'm always amazed at Ken's setup and your photos capture it well.
Enjoy your day, we just have a downpour of hail. :(

William Kendall said...

The sunset is amazing.

Hill Top Post said...

These are some of the best train shots yet. I love the smoke!

ellen b. said...

Beautiful sunset! You managed to get out and get some exercise outdoors, too!