Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 05, 2020

Sunny again ๐Ÿ™‚

Another walk in the sun but a little colder than yesterday.
It was 24 degrees, but no wind.
Left the house at 6:28.
Sunrise 6:42

On the way to town I saw a rabbit just down the road 
from my house, run across the road and into the woods.
Today I walked straight through town down the main street
and then over to the ball park and walked that loop.
Next over to the lower cemetery and walked around there too.
From there it was home again.

A few pictures along the way.




Walked the usual 6 miles.

☀️     ☀️

Home this morning getting some house work done.

After lunch we made another trip to the library.
Ken had a couple of books to pick up and we looked around
a bit and I came home with a couple more books.
It is so hard for me to go to the library and not bring home books.
At this rate, I'll never finish the pile of my own books at home to read!!
I think most people who like to read are like that though.

There were bookmarks at the library that they were giving
away to kids to color and I picked up one of them.
When we got home I colored it.


 Did a couple more chores around the house this afternoon
and then read.
Picked up one of the books I just brought home and was just
going to read a couple of pages to see how I liked it
and ended up reading the first 100 pages.
It is really good.
The Whole Town's Talking by Fannie Flagg.

 I'll be making some weave-it squares this evening.

That's been my day.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️


13 comments:

Sandi said...

Looks so peaceful!

Rose said...

Oh, I LOVE Fannie Flagg...I should see if the library has it. Love your shots from the morning. OH, you did a nice job coloring;)

Vee said...

Nice coloring! Sounds like a very good book to capture your interest so quickly and thoroughly. I’m reading a book about walking. ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom said...

...I love your frosty images!

Granny Marigold said...

It looks very chilly out your way!!
I haven't heard of Fanny Flagg. I assume she writes mysteries?

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I like your 'Cat in a Hat' Bookmark- nice choice of color.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's cold and snowy. You'll be needing some gloves.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I love the sunshine, pretty frosty images. The bookmark is cute.
I will have to check out the Fannie Flagg book. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great weekend!

Jeanette said...

That book sounds good. I'll have to check it out!

ellen b. said...

How nice to get lost in that book. Sunny but crisp by the looks of your photos!

Debi said...

I tend to lose time reading too! It's not such a bad thing. I enjoyed your photos. Have a great weekend!

Bill said...

I love the second photo, it looks like a painting.
Happy weekend to you!

susan q said...

I always get bookmarks for my grandsons at my local library when I check out books for them! Grandson #2 likes Arthur by Marc Brown.Very frosty in your area!