Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 14, 2026

Fish and Chips

 Started walking by going down the road I just drove up.


Then turned around and walked to town.


Continued walking through town and up and down side streets.
Then down the main road through town


and over to the ball park and walked around there a couple of times.
As I walked passed the chickens they all ran over to see me.
I stopped for a minute and talked to them.
I wonder do chickens remember who you are or do they just think
you're bringing food?

It was very quiet around town this early Friday morning.
Didn't see anyone else out.

It was 67 degrees.
It drizzled on me when I first started walking at 6:15 but it soon stopped.
Just cloudy for the rest of my walk and the drizzle started
again just as I got back to the Jeep.

๐Ÿ˜Š    ๐ŸŒง    ☁️    ๐Ÿงข

Got some things done around the house.
Then baked an Apple Fruit Crisp.

This afternoon I read and knitted until David and Liz
came by and we went up the road
for some fish and chips.
We RARELY go out to eat so it was a real treat.
Of course this is way too much food to eat.




Well that's it for today.
Hope you enjoyed your Friday.
Thanks for visiting.
HappyK๐Ÿ™‚
TotalDaySteps 16,056

✏️Comment Replies:
GrannyM - No special occasion for going out for fish and chips.  Just a rare treat.

13 comments:

Linda's Relaxing Lair said...

Karen, your fish and chips meal looks delicious! I smiled broadly when you mentioned the chickens that the chickens all ran over to see you! How adorable!
The weather has been beautiful and comfortable here in Montreal as well, it is such a welcome relief from the heat and humidity.
Your apple fruit crisp sounds delicious, dear friend.\
Your photos are lovely!

Granny Marigold said...

That Fish & Chips place sure makes the portions ample. I think when you don't go out often to eat it makes each occasion special.

Bill said...

Love those Fish & Chips.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you enjoyed your fish and chips treat with David and Liz.

All the best Jan

Dianna said...

Those treats like going out for fish and chips are special, aren't they?

Ann said...

Wow that is a lot of food. That would be at least two meals for me

Mari said...

Fish and chips sounds good!
Don't you love the wildflowers on the side of the road right now?

Ginny Hartzler said...

The fish & chips look wonderful! And I see a lovely sunrise as well. Yes, chickens do recognize faces!

ellen b. said...

Hooray for fish and chips! Glad you had a good time. I enjoyed the photos around town today. Happy end of Friday to you!

NanaDiana said...

My hubby goes out every Friday night with 2 of his friends for fish & chips (or fish and baked potato and coleslaw. They love it. It's good for him and good for me to get a little break from meal prep. Happy walking. I didn't get my normal steps in the last couple of days and I can tell! Happy Weekend----xo Diana

Tom said...

...here we call this a "fish fry" and it's a treat too.

Prims By The Water said...

Hope the fish and chips were as good as they looked. I love seeing the blue chickory and wild carrot along the roadsides now. I noticed the wild carrot (Queen Anne's Lace) in your first photo. Janice

eileeninmd said...

It is a treat to go out and eat. I like fish and chips too.
Pretty views of the flowers along the road.
Have a happy weekend.