Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 09, 2020

Calf

With the time change comes dark mornings again.
Too dark to walk to town from home 
so I drove the Jeep to town and started walking at 6:45
around town.
It was 44 degrees, windy, and once the sun rose it was sunny.
Sunrise 7:36


Walked up and down the main road and then around both cemeteries.
Walked down by the Drane house to see the bulls but they
were all gone, not a one to see.
 There were some geese on the farm pond.

  
 Walked back through town and down the other end of town


over to the industrial park and walked around there a bit.
Walked back and over to the ball park and walked the loop
there before hopping in the Jeep and back home again.

This was the first morning I heard all the birds chirping again
as I walked along and saw a red winged black bird too.
I can feel spring in the air.

Friend Dave was in the cab of his 18 wheeler warming it up
and I stopped to say hi.  

Lisa was out running but too far away to say hi
and when I got back to the Jeep I saw Kathy's car in the parking lot
but she was nowhere to be seen.

I walked 6 miles

🌤     🌤

Got a good start on this weeks housework this morning.

I started reading the book for my book club meeting later
in the week a couple of days ago and read the first 100
pages but just couldn't get interested in it so quite reading it.
My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante.

Finally got a good picture of one of the calves that
live across the street from us.
He's a tiny little thing.


When I walked closer to the fence he stood up.

 The last couple of times we went to Brenda's for half price pizza
we went lunch time, but today we went for supper.

Will be starting a new book to read later this evening.

And that's been my day.
A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

16 comments:

Rose said...

That calf is adorable! Question, and maybe I have asked but I cannot remember it if I did. I think I have just thought of it. Who decides what you will read in the book club?

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots!

Granny Marigold said...

That little calf is so sweet. Hopefully it will get used to you walking by.
It must be hard to read a book you don't really care for ( for the Book Club). Does it matter if you sort of skim instead of real reading?

Vee said...

He’s very cute! The temps up here rose to 64° today. It was very springlike today.

Joyful said...

Lovely scenic captures. Don't you just love it when you can actually 'feel' spring in the air after a cold winter?

Tom said...

...what a gorgeous start to your day.

Adam said...

I hate reading a book that isn't interesting and having the expectation to finish it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a wonderful time always.

God bless.

Jeanette said...

The little calf is so cute! I don't like daylight savings time for driving to work in the dark morning again, but I like it being light out later at night!

Bill said...

Beautiful photos and the calf is very pretty.

Susie said...

Happy, I envy your good feet. I would love to walk like that. Such a cute calf. I have always just done the same on time changes. But gosh this year, I have kind of dragged out of bed. It just started !! LOL Stay safe out there walking. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Debi said...

What a pretty sunrise! You sure do see a lot of interesting things on your walks...

Michelle said...

6 miles sounds excellent. I arrive at work around 6?30 central time and the birds have just been crazy the last couple of weeks. Nice to hear the chirping.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's so good to see the geese back, at least in your area. I keep straining my ears to hear that first goose.

ellen b. said...

Cute Calf and it's so much fun to hear the birds chirping in the morning!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That little calf is just adorable! It's fun to get outside and see something neat like this! Enjoy your day!