Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Shopping and Bowling Day

Drove to town again in the dark to start my morning walk at 6:35.
48 degrees with a bit of a wind and I walked in a drizzly rain.
Sunrise 7:34

Didn't take any pictures while walking today but here
is one I took last Friday walking in Oakland.


Walked through town this morning and up and down the main street
and along the side streets.
Continued on over to the ball park and walked that loop and
then walked around both cemeteries too.

An older gentle man was sitting on the bench in front of
the bakery waiting for it to open at 7:00.
Every day he walks from the senior apartments in town
to pick up his goodie from the bakery and home again.

By the time my walk was coming to an end the rain had stopped.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny

🌧     ☁️     🌧

This Tuesday once again we went to the Shop and Save to do our
weekly shopping.  We were there at 9:30 and had the store
practically to ourselves.  
Another bonus to shopping there is that you get gas points 
every time you shop which is cents off gas at the two gas 
stations in town.  We now have 42 cents off a gallon on the first
15 gallons.  That is quite a savings!!

We had lunch and then left a little early for bowling
and stopped in a flooring store to see about getting an area rug
for the living room.
We ordered a blue/gray 9 x 7 rug and it should be ready in
about two weeks.

We were still a little early for bowling so stopped in at the library
in Oakland.  You guessed it I got three more books checked out!!!

Then it was off to bowling.
This weeks scores
Me:
125
124
127

Ken:
140
187
148
Today we all had supper at Perkins afterward.

I'd better go and get some reading,
but first will have some ice cream. 🙂

That's been my day.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
happyone  🦋

Comment Replies:
Rose - People at the book club recommend books and then we take a vote to see which one to read.

GrannyM - I could skim but don't bother if I'm not interested in the book.  I'll just skip the meeting this month.  

13 comments:

Sandi said...

"Every day he walks from the senior apartments in town
to pick up his goodie from the bakery and home again."

I wonder if this is his exercise and treat! 🙂

Rose said...

I LOVE that photo from Oakland...that is beautiful.

I bet I ask you about the choosing books before, or you have told before. Because that was the only way I could figure to do it.

ellen b. said...

That would be an ideal location for me to be able to walk every morning to the bakery and purchase a sweet treat! Happy day to you!

Granny Marigold said...

That's quite a saving on gas. It's great to be able to take advantage of various ways to save.

Angie said...

Interesting you had the store to yourselves; so many places now are crazy busy with people stocking up due to the virus. Stay well!

Tom said...

...all of the Perkins Restaurants back home have closed, I always enjoyed them.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

And another penny for the collection.

God bless.

Bill said...

That is a lot of savings off your gas. I would shop there too just for the points. Another penny found and saved. :)
Enjoy your day!

Adam said...

Nice bowling scores.

Inger said...

I don't know anything about bowling, but you have reminded me I need to go to the library and I also need to walk more. Thanks for that and I loved the old man waiting for the bakery to open. Being old now, I find that I need more inspiration to get up and go places and that man surely found something very good to get up and move for.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is always good to save money, especially on gasoline. We enjoy the local Perkins. The bowling scores look great. Wishing you a great day!

Debi said...

Beautiful photos... I wish we had a bakery within walking distance!

William Kendall said...

That is a moody sky.