Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 11, 2020

A foggy walk

6:30 this morning I was in the Jeep driving to town
for my morning walk.
It was 34 degrees but felt warmer!
It was a foggy walk and didn't see anyone else out walking.
On the way to town had to slow down for a rabbit runninig
across the road and had to come to a complete stop while 
three dear leisurely sauntered across the road.

Walked over the to the library and deposited 4 books
down the slot. (2 of Ken's and 2 of mine)

Then walked all over town up and down the streets.
A loop around the ball park and both cemeteries too.

Some pictures along my walk.












Walked 6 miles

🦌     🦌     🦌

Got some beef stew started cooking in the slow cooker right after breakfast.
Nice to get supper cooking and out of the way.

Got my work done in the morning .
In the afternoon
I made weave-it squares.
Have to have the blanket finished in 7 days.
Also read a bit.

When we get home from church I'll make some more
squares after some ice cream.
Lately I've been having chocolate marshmallow but
tonight having will be having vanilla fudge.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  ❤️

17 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

I just love to get my work finished by noon so I have the whole afternoon to do whatever I want. But, it seems whenever I do, something or someone comes by to mess up my plans. I would always take chocolate marshmallow ice cream!

William Kendall said...

The mist adds the right touch to things.

Vee said...

Getting chores done in the morning was always my favorite way to use a day. These days, chores can be any old time that I muster up the energy. Foggy mornings make for some atmospheric photos. Those deer must be extremely used to you!

ellen b. said...

Moody morning with the fog. You had a productive day!

Rose said...

What a foggy walk you had! It is a good thing you could stop for the deer and no traffic.

Granny Marigold said...

That first picture is sort of spooky. Fog and mist will do that.

Tom said...

...those images are a lovely start to your day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

What a lovely day - even with the fog. So nice to have the afternoon to do just what you want to do.

Joyful said...

Lovely atmosphere created by the fog. Enjoy the rest of your week!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty foggy scenes and photos. The beef stew sounds yummy, I love using my crockpot. The ice cream flavors are my favorite too. Wishing you a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful, still wintry, photos. Thanx Happyone.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Delightful photos - You've captured the Mist so well. Happy Days.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I have said it before and I will say it again. i love those foggy scenes. Now, I don’t really like driving in fog, but the scenes are gorgeous and mysterious .

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

If I read your post first thing in the morning....I get hungry for ice cream before lunch! heehee! I'm glad it's good weather for walking. Love those foggy pics!

Debi said...

You always have such nice walks... thanks for sharing them!

Bill said...

Beautiful foggy photos. I love it when there's fog, they make such great photos. Have a nice evening.

Lowcarb team member said...

I always think mist or fog in a photograph makes them so atmospheric.

All the best Jan