Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 06, 2020

Mystery Book

Thought I was going to wake up to freezing rain and ice BUT
was pleasantly surprised to find just cloudy skies and a
temperature of 35 degrees F. 🙂
So out the door I went for my walk at 7:10.
Sunrise 7:19

Walked to town and made a loop around it.
Walked passed the library and stopped to take a picture of
some dead flowers from summer still in a pot.
Thought it had its own beauty.

Passed the car dealer on the way to the ball park and walked that loop.
Continued on passed the post office, took the road to the 
day care center and over to the lower cemetery.
Once around there, back to the main road and home again.

Once I turn off the main road towards home it gets quiet
and peaceful and the car sounds fade away.


A little over a mile farther around the last curve I see my
house up there through the trees.


 Walked 6 miles

☁️     ☁️     ☁️

We drove down to town and went to the library again.
Dropped off a DVD.
Mash the movie, which I didn't care for at all.
I think the series is much better!! 

We picked up another DVD.
 Newhart
It's the one where he owns the Inn in Vermont.
I remember watching the series when it was on television
and liked it.

 In the library there were gift wrapped books sitting out.
On them were written adult fiction, easy, children, young adult,
or adult non-fiction.
You pick a book and when you get home unwrap it
and read your 'mystery' book.
Bring it back by Feb 27 and your name gets added to a
drawing for a gift certificate
for $25 to be spent at a shop in town called
The Firefly.
So I did it.




I picked this book.











Got home and unwrapped and found out it was
Sense and Sensibility
by Jane Austen.

I've read the book a couple of times
so won't be reading it again.

Thought it was a great idea for the library
to do.





 Also went to Dollar General to get some cards.
They have some nice cards very inexpensive.

Bought these Clementine oranges the other day.
The look good but aren't very sweet.


Did the usual stuff around the house.
Then made more squares and read.

Another day that zoomed by.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

15 comments:

Tom said...

...rarely do I listen or watch the weather, I just try to adapt to what's at hand.

William Kendall said...

It's been years since I've read that book.

Rose said...

There are so many authors I have not read...Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, any of the Brontes....I keep thinking I want to try them but never do. I bet when I was younger I would have loved them...not so sure about now.

I think the Dollar store is great for cards, too. I keep telling myself to go there and just pick up a bunch to have on hand...

Oh, we liked Newhart when he was on TV...remember Larry, Daryl, and Daryl? Remember the Thanksgiving dinner and how they did the turkey? LOL

ellen b. said...

It must be nice to catch a glimpse of your house as you are walking. I guess I'm just not that adventurous in reading to choose a mystery book. Glad the weather was good for your walk today. We are getting more snow right now...

Granny Marigold said...

Our local library has a similar mystery book idea with middle-sized brown bags with 4 0r 5 books inside. The bag is stapled shut and marked as Mystery, Biographies, etc.. There are even some for children to take home. But I've never tried any of them because I'm kind of picky what I read.

Susie said...

I like the library idea. Your fruit looks nice..sad when fruit has no taste at times. Six walks, kudos to you. Blessings, be safe. xoxo, Susie

Sandi said...

That is great idea! Probably got some people reading. :)

Vee said...

I’m buying nearly all my cards at the dollar store...Hallmarks and Daysprings for a $1 and sometimes 2 for a dollar can’t be beat!

That is a good idea from the library. Too bad it was one you had read many times. I must mention this to my daughter-in-law.

Glad you missed the ice...wish I had! And another day of it tomorrow. Ugh.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Our library is doing something very similar. Enjoy. I will see you again soon!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- I'm not a big reader of books, though one of my all time favorites is an illustrated book titled 'Self Sufficiency' by John Seymour of the UK. I've had the book near forty years- it is a soft back. Well worth a read. Cheers. KEV.

Adam said...

I hate when citrus is more bitter than sweet.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

It is nice you were able to get outdoors for you walk. The mystery book is a great idea. I wish all the fruit tasted sweet, I do not like throwing it out. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend!

Aritha said...

Good idea, such a book :)

Henny Penny said...

I love how your house looks, seeing it through all the trees. It's so pretty there. Don't the days zoom by!

Lowcarb team member said...

Those clementine's look so nice, sorry they were not as sweet as you thought they would be.

All the best Jan