Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Late morning walk

Slept passed my normal wake up time and didn't get up till 7:30.
Got dressed and walked outside and there was a freezing
drizzle and the porch was icy.
So I came back inside and walked 2 miles down in the basement.

Had breakfast and did my morning chores.
By the 10:30 the drizzle had stopped and temperature was 
 just above freezing and the ice had melted.

So got on my walking clothes and walked to town.
One of my neighbor cows stopped eating to watch me walk by.


Walked around the lower cemetery once I got to town.
Then passed by the day care center, the post office and over
to the ball park loop and walked around there.
Continued around the block and went to the library.
Ken drove to the library to pick up a DVD and I met him there.
 Since I had my 6 miles walked by then I just rode home with him.

Thought I'd see more people walking later in the day but didn't
see any one.
Missed seeing all the regular people driving by and tooting.

It was a dreary day and it felt like I was walking early in the morning!
Sure glad I decided to get outside to be walk!!
☁️     ☁️     ☁️

Made some weave-it squares and have just 14 more to go for
the current baby blanket.

The next puzzle has been set on the table and ready to start.
This puzzle comes with a picture of the puzzle too.

Read some more of David Copperfield.
(read it two other times but it was years ago)
The print is very small in this book.
It is my own book and I looked for a bigger print one to read from
the library but they have small print too.

 

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

There's nothing like sitting back and talking to your cows.
Russel Crowe

Comment Replies: 
Rose - Currently we are watching the first season of Rhoda (from the library) and season 5 of Last of the Summer Wine (ours).  The one Ken picked up from the library today is the movie Mash.

18 comments:

Sandi said...

I wonder if the magician David Copperfield was named after the book.

Sandi said...

I just looked it up. It's a stage name and, yes, the book inspired him to choose it.

Sandi said...

Also, illusionist not magician! 😊

Hill Top Post said...

Cattle seem to have no manners and just stare on and on. But, aren't their eyes beautiful and their lashes so long? It looks so cozy there with the new puzzle spread out to be worked and those wonderful long pages of small type just waiting to be read.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's amazing how the cow seems to stare at you!
Enjoy doing this latest puzzle.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

The cow seems to be good company to have around.

Rose said...

I am going to have to look of Last of the Summer Wine...I have heard it mentioned before but totally forgotten it. OK...I stopped and looked. Sounds like something I would love, and maybe even Roger.

We are supposed to get some nasty weather tonight. I hope it does not amount to much.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

The print in books is getting way too small, and often too light. Last book I ordered via Amazon was almost impossible to read so I donated it and bought a better copy at Barnes and Nobles. Lesson learned.

ellen b. said...

Glad the weather turned so you could get outside for the rest of your walk. I've never read David Copperfield. We got a few more inches of snow today...more than we expected. Happy evening to you!

Tom said...

...with each passing day I need bigger and bigger print!

Granny Marigold said...

I'll join the others in complaining about the small print in books. I know that in my case at least the problem is also with my eyes. Still, some print is definitely darker than others.
I really like the latest puzzle. I'm sure you'll have fun doing it.

Vee said...

An icy mess will ruin the next two days... not looking forward to it at all. I did get my errands accomplished and my visit to John’s sister. Maybe, I need to adjust my thinking...some cleaning and decluttering...baking...napping...reading...okay, I think I’ll be fine. It will not include walking, either in the basement or around town and no puzzle. I like your puzzle and the picture is nice...nothing to distract the image as on the puzzle box cover.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love those old episodes of Rhoda and Mary Tyler Moore too! Great television - so funny and NOT disgusting! So glad you had a nice walk. You have inspired me to read David Copperfield one day. You might enjoy the Movie Charly and I just watched called The Man Who Invented Christmas. It is about Charles Dickens and it was very good. THere was a mention of David Copperfield in it. Have a great evening.

Angie said...

I had an icy drive home from town today - not fun. Sometimes I wish had the luxury to wait until the road warms up enough to melt. Looks like a fun puzzle - enjoy!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I thought the book was named after the magician David Copperfield.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I just love that cow photo, pretty view on top of the hill. we are having some rainy days, but a little warmer. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

Adam said...

I'm not a big fan on small print either.

Henny Penny said...

I like how the cow stopped to watch you walk past. Cows are pretty. Had to read back about the animals you saw. Hope you do see them again. We've sure had up and down weather here. Never know what to expect anymore. :)