Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 07, 2020

70 squares


Icy and snowing this morning and very windy.
So windy that the snow was coming down sideways.
Seemed like a good day to walk loops down in the basement.
Got all 6 miles in walking down there.
Not all at once though.

I spent most of the day working on the latest baby blanket.
Made up the last 8 squares today.
I used up left over yarn from other blankets.
Here are the 70 squares for the blanket.
25 red
19 white
17 purple
9 pink


Set them all out in a pattern and then started sewing them together.
Will post a picture when it is finished.
Maybe tomorrow.

 Stayed home all day in our nice warm cozy house
watching the snow come down and listening to the wind howling.

Did some reading and working on the puzzle too.
Ken made us nachos for supper.

So that's it for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

19 comments:

Susie said...

Oh you have been busy. I want to see the blanket when it is finished. My goodness walking 6 miles in the basement. Awesome. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

Aren't you so thankful for a nice warm home on days like this? I always wonder and think about our ancestors and how hard they had it.

I an anxious to see how you lay the blocks out...they sure are pretty colors.

We had tacos for supper...so glad that someone else calls it supper, too.

ellen b. said...

That's going to be a fun blanket. Glad you had a good time inside today. Happy weekend to you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

With wind and snow like that, being indoors is the best. Unfortunately that is often not an option for me, yet. Busses run, even during snow and wind.

Tom said...

...70, I can barely count that high! Back home they got about 8" of the white stuff, perhaps there will be some when I return. Stay well and enjoy your weekend Karen.

Hill Top Post said...

Watching the snow come down and listening to the wind howl...really sounds quite wonderful to me! Our little snow is long gone and the sun actually came out for a while today. How pretty the new blanket is going to be! I love that shade of red...just perfect for February! If ever we have a day where the weather is as brutal as yours was today, my walking will come to a halt. The distance I walk each day depends a lot on that day's weather. On really bad days, I sometimes only get in a couple of miles, but on nice days I can do four or five. I have never walked eight! Maybe, I will try it some day just to see if I can! :~) Also, Rose brought up the supper thing. We call our evening meal "supper," too. We had BLTs.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love these weave it squares. I may see if there are some youtubes out there showing me how to make them, then I can make some baby blankets too. Glad you walked in the house. Looks mighty cold and icy out there! Have a good weekend.

Vee said...

We had similar weather days. Then the unthinkable happened...the Internet went kaput all over New England and beyond. I wished that I had not taken a nap. I busied myself with Sudoku puzzles and texting my sister and daughter. I am not used to weather that messes with my connections.😊 I will enjoy seeing what pattern you come up with for the baby blanket.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- Whilst your in Ice and Snow we're receiving plenty of Summer Rain- looking very promising that the State Wide Drought may be near over. KEV.

Adam said...

We had some snow last week but it melted on the road

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Home is nice when it is snowing outside.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

We saw a little snow, rain and a tornado warning yesterday. Your blanket squares look pretty, I like all the colors. I wish my hubby like tacos, I would make them for dinner. Enjoy your day, happy weekend.

Sandi said...

I like reading about your sweet days! :)

NanaDiana said...

I can't wait to see that baby blanket put together. It is nice to have those snowy days sometimes. Nachos for dinner sounds like fun to me! xo Diana

Lisa said...

Can’t wait to see the finished results of that blanket.
We have had snow all day today. It is not sticking to the ground but fun to watch.
Lisa

Sue said...

The square colors are beautiful, seems like a cozy day to me, we have had lots of rain and wind, today is a little calmer.
I love the quote,
Have a great weekend.
Blessings,
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

A good day to stay indoors and get inside chores done. I'm looking forward to seeing how you arrange the squares.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those squares are all nice colours.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

That is my kind of weather.