Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 04, 2020

Muddy

Thanks for all of the suggestions about what kind of animals I saw
yesterday morning.
Beavers, otters, prairie dogs, raccoons, and opossums.
I'm pretty sure Rose got it right with 
Muskrats.
Looked them up and everything seems to fit.
Didn't see them today but I'll be keeping my eye out for them.

Left the house today at 7:00 this morning in the rain.
Windy too so my umbrella was about worthless.
I had on my rain pants and yellow slicker.
But it was 45 degrees F so not cold.
Sunrise 7:21

Started walking to town and 2 miles later the rain stopped
and the rest of my walk was just cloudy.

Once I got to town I just walked around both of the cemeteries
a couple of times.
Went down to see the bulls.
Poor things, look at all that mud.
Now that I know how to make collages I'm sure you'll be
see many more of them.  🙂


Walked back to the main road and home again.
Walked 6 miles

🌧     ☁️

Made us French toast for breakfast and got stuff done around
the house this morning.

After lunch we left to go bowling,
but before bowling we went to Walmart to pick up a few things.

There were 6 of us bowling today.
My scores:
123
102
158
Ken's scores:
132
141
162
We all went out to eat afterward again.

Got home a little while ago, put things away and now it's
time for sitting in our comfortable chairs.
Will make squares, watch a DVD,
and eat ice cream.
Current flavor is Chocolate Chip Mint

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

17 comments:

Rose said...

What are you currently watching on DVD? I have been rewatching some series, or was, but seem to fall asleep before I can finish one. I re-watch stuff after Roger goes to bed.

I always wonder just how cattle and horses feel about weather/mud/cold. At lease the barn looks like it has an open area for the bulls to go in if it gets too cold and nasty.

Tom said...

...muddy season has to be my least favorite time of the year!

ellen b. said...

I understand muddy season now better than ever. Love those cows lookin at you!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a lot of mud. I love your collages. I make them quite a bit to post on Istagram and Facebook. I may follow your lead and use them on my blog more. Sounds like you had a very good day, as usual.

Granny Marigold said...

I got myself one of those umbrellas that won't be damaged if the wind turns them inside out. It's great except it's a bit longer and heavier than a normal umbrella.

Hill Top Post said...

I see that Rose has already commented about the opening into the barn where the bulls have a nice dry place to get. I was glad I had my umbrella today when rain overtook us before we were even halfway up the hill. We are also pretty spoiled to our time every evening in our comfy chairs.

Connie said...

That sounds like a perfectly lovely day to me. Lots of fresh air, exercise, good food and ending it all with stitching and ice cream . . . How divine:)

Vee said...

A fine day... You know how to begin them and end them!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Sounds like a great day, our temp's went up to 63° yesterday. Love the cute cows and closeups. The french toast and the ice cream sound great to me. Enjoy your day!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Oh-dear...it certainly IS a bit muddy at the Farm -suppose things will eventually dry out with some warmer days ahead. We've Rain forecast here for the next few days coming up- the Rain will be most welcomed especially to the North West where Farms are in severe Drought. Regards. KEV.

Jeanette said...

Poor cows! Standing up to their ankles (do cows even have ankles?) in mud!

NanaDiana said...

Always love following your day and feel like I am walking right along there with you. Have a wonderful Wednesday- xo Diana

William Kendall said...

The bulls must be quite used to you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh wow! That is a lot of mud for those animals to be in.

Adam said...

Pretty good scores.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your collage pictures …

All the best Jan

R's Rue said...

😊