Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 03, 2020

Sunny

39 degrees when I left the house 7:00 walking to town this morning.
A bit of a wind but the sun came out and it was lovely. 
Temperature reached the forty's pretty fast
and had to take off my outer sweatshirt.
Sunrise  7:22

A little ways down the hill from my house I saw 5 or 6
animals about the size and color of a groundhog down by the water, 
but I couldn't see them clearly because it wasn't quite light enough.  
All ran off as I walked by.
Can't figure out what they were.
Don't think they were groundhogs because they are solitary.
Hopefully I'll see them again.

Walked through the main road in town and went over
to the ball park and walked the loop there.
Passed the post office, went around by the day care center,
then went to the lower cemetery and then headed home.

The meter reader man was out in his truck up near my
way and as I walked he drove along slowly and we talked
for a few minutes.

Got home and realized I never took a picture.

 Walked 6 miles

🌤     🙂     🌤

Nice sunny day so got some clothes hung out on the line to dry.

Had lunch at Brenda's again this week.
Hard to pass up 1/2 price pizza.

We stopped at the library to hand in a DVD and a book.
I waited in the car again, so I wouldn't find a book to check out. 🙂
I've been reading David Copperfield in between other books
but now I'm just going to finish David Copperfield before
starting another.

I haven't been making weave-it squares for a while and the next
Baby Blanket work day is coming up in just over two weeks.
I start a new blanket the day we work on them and then
finish it during the month and hand it in at the next work day.
  This afternoon I got busy and made a whole bunch of them.
Will make some more later.

That wraps up today.
Hope yours was a good one.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🍭

14 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, I wonder if you might have seen muskrats or beavers? So curious. Mostly overcast here today...sun did perp.out a bit but not much.

Tom said...

...I'm glad to hear that you had a sunny day!

Lisa said...

Could have been Prairie Dogs or beavers maybe?
The weather was nice here today too. We had snow on Friday and it was 74 today.

Lisa

ellen b. said...

Mystery animals. Another laundry hanging day...nice. We had sunshine today again but it was cold. Good evening to you!

William Kendall said...

Maybe otters?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Another good day for you. I hope you see those little animals again so perhaps you can take a picture and figure out what they are. Have a good evening. See you tomorrow.

Vee said...

Now we’re all curious! If you find a dam there tomorrow, you’ll know it was beavers! 😁 Wish we had half-price pizzas. I was hungry for a Subway oven roasted chicken sandwich today. I hadn’t had one since the last time John and I went out for lunch...it was one of our favorite lunches. It didn’t taste as good as I remembered.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's very cold over here today. So cold I am typing this one letter at a time.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Could you animals be raccoons or opossums? They have been seen here in groups. We had a nice weather day yesterday, great for a walk.
Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy week ahead!

Adam said...

My electric meter is automatic now so no guys in my yard anymore. Though I never saw him in action.

Jeanette said...

That sunshine sure makes all the difference this time of year, doesn't it?

Pom Pom said...

Sometimes we just don't think to take pictures which means we are enjoying God's beauty to the fullest!
xo

Granny Marigold said...

Nice that it was sunny and you got to hang laundry out.

Lowcarb team member said...

We had a lovely sunny day today … such a change from all the rain.
You can't beat line dry clothes, they just smell so good :)

All the best Jan