Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 08, 2020

Finished

A morning like yesterday so walked loops in the basement again.

Got the slow cooker going right after breakfast 
making chili.
Ken cut up the bell peppers for me this time,
remembering last time I sliced my finger!
We get three different meals out of the chili.
Regular chili
Chili mac
and taco salad
We had the taco salad today for supper.
Snow stopped around lunch time and we went out to do a
few errands and check out the roads.
Once we got down to the main road 1 1/2 miles away all was clear.
  
When we got back home I went outside and shoveled 
the driveway.
Walked up the road to see the cows.
One of them just had a little one and if you look close can see
it lying down by its mom on the left.
After I got back in the house it started snowing again.


Picked up the last couple of containers for the pantry while we were out.
Put icing sugar in one and brown sugar in the other.
I'm happy with how the panty looks now.

 Finished up the baby blanket this afternoon.
Just put all the squares together randomly.


No time to read this afternoon so I'll be doing that this evening.
Still reading David Copperfield.

Well that's been my day.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  šŸ„°

16 comments:

Tom said...

...I hear that another storm is coming across the country. Stay warm and safe.

Lowcarb team member said...

Just love how you've made up the baby blanket.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

The blanket is so bright and cheery. I love being inside and watching it snow, as long as I don't have to be anywhere.

Rose said...

I bet those baby blankets are so warm...and just the right weight. It is so pretty. I bet that baby is not very old...it looks tiny.

Vee said...

Storm clean-up here and, even though I no longer “do it all,” I do enough to wear myself out. Hope it lasts another week or so.

The blanket turned out cute as they always do. Bet they are cozy. I’m thinking that little calf needs a blankie.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I sure love that blanket. So pretty. I am wondering it that is the view from your front window. Wow, you sure have a nice garage. Chili in the slow cooker sounds yummy. Maybe I will make that soon. Have a good Sunday!

Hill Top Post said...

I sometimes wonder how newborn calves survive the cold, but they are tough little critters. Your random placement of the squares really made a very pretty blanket. Your chili sounds so good...

Granny Marigold said...

Your latest blanket is the most cheery one yet!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the cute baby cow. The blanket looks beautiful. The chili sounds delicious. Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks cold where you are. We're having a big storm over here with winds up to 90mph. I nearly lost my hat.

God bless.

Brenda said...

Love the blanket. So cute. Love your blog also. Don't know how you can do 1000 puzzles...I always have one going in the winter, but 300 and 500 my limit. Might try 1000 one day but...never enjoyed before...lol Keep writing and walking. I do 5-6 miles a day in my apartment because can't risk falling again outside. I watch videos on you tube or listen to music as I do my miles. It is amazing that you walk so early and in an isolated area. Be careful.

Lisa said...

This really looks nice. Im heading to google to see what exactly a Weave square is.
A puzzle sounds like a great idea for these cold wet days.
Lisa

Sue said...

The blanket turned out so petty, Karen, a beautiful view.
Blessings,
Sue

William Kendall said...

Well done on the blanket.

ellen b. said...

Love how that random square baby blanket turned out. Ahh...look at that little calf. Sweet.

Adam said...

Cute blanket