Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Couple more coins

Out of the house and walking at 7:00.
27 degrees, cloudy, and no wind.
Sunrise 7:12


Walked to town and made the loop around there.
Continued over to the ball park and walked that loop too.

By this time I had walked 4 miles but didn't head home
and walked the last 2 miles still in town.

 I saw Kathy as she was just getting to town and walked the
two miles in town with her.
We walked around both cemeteries a few times.

Ken drove to town this morning to pick up some donuts at the bakery
for our breakfast so I rode back home with him.
Worked out nice today so I could walk with Kathy for a bit.
We both prefer walking alone but nice to walk together 
every once in a while.

Walked a total of 6.2 miles
Found another dime and two more pennies in that same spot as yesterday.

☁️     💰   🌧

We made another trip to the library.
Ken is really going through the Anne Rule books and went to get another one.
I looked again at the David Copperfield books at the library
and there is one with bigger print than the one I own
so I checked it out.  A lot easier reading with the bigger print.

Started the next puzzle.
Easy one, only 500 pieces.
Wouldn't be surprised if it is done tomorrow.

Continued to knit on the scarf and hope to be finished with
that by tomorrow too.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
Rose and Vee - About the coins.  The oldest one is dated 1968 and the newest 2017.
I'm sure the coins were only there a day because there is no way I wouldn't have seen them the day before.  They were hard to miss. 
I think maybe someone put their change in the car ash tray along with trash and just emptied it along the side of the road.

Sandi - The total of coins that I've found walking and are in my banks is $251.01.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...I see fellows at the beach with metal detectors looking for treasures and all you need to do is look down! Stay warm and safe.

William Kendall said...

That's a considerable amount of change!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Love the picture. It must sound good to walk beside a running stream.

Rose said...

That makes sense about the coins being in an ashtray...that is a lot of money to find walking. Even if it is over a long period. The kids had a a friend that just threw pennies away. Every time I find one, I think of her.

Deb J. in Utah said...

How - you make a lot of money on your daily walks! ;-) I will have to check out that author that Ken is liking so much. Another good day for you. See you again tomorrow.

Granny Marigold said...

I think I asked you this question once before but I've forgotten the answer. Do you buy your puzzles at the thrift store, and of so, do you find most have all the pieces? And I also wondered if you re-do the puzzles or just donate them.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We're in the money ... we're in the money ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty scene! That is a lot of money, I am glad you were looking down and found it. I finally braved the cold and took a walk on our local fire road yesterday. Walking the hills is good exercise. Wishing you a happy day!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That's neat about the coins and how much is has totaled up! WOW! And nice to walk with a friend sometimes. Hope that sun comes out today and warms things up! Hugs!

Vee said...

I’m glad that you explained how those coins might have wound up on the side of the road. Next question: (forgive if answered previously) Do you wash those coins? ☺️

ellen b. said...

That's nice that you could walk a bit with Kathy and then get picked up. A donut sounds real good right now.

GretchenJoanna said...

You may have written about this in the past, but I will just ask: Do you have favorite walking shoes? Do you always wear the same style or brand, and do you wear them constantly until they are worn out, or do you switch around among different ones?

I have a problem finding shoes that will keep my feet happy for miles - when I do find the perfect ones, they stop making them!