Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2020

Puzzles

A cold, windy, rainy morning and I woke up later than usual
and decided to walk inside today.
No outside pictures so here's another train picture.


Baked Chocolate Chippers this morning and put them in the freezer.
First batch for the kids at Sunday school.
(for March 1)
Also set aside 18 of them to bring to the dentist next week when
we go for our 6 month cleaning.

We did finish the 500 piece easy puzzle yesterday.
BUT there is a piece missing.
Looked high and low but couldn't find it.
If it doesn't show up I'll just throw away the puzzle.


Speaking of puzzles, GrannyM asked a couple of questions about our puzzles.
Do we get them at thrift stores?
No, we don't have any good thrift stores around here.
We just buy them in stores when we come across one we like.
Since people know we like to do puzzles people give them to us too.

Do we redo the puzzles?
Yes, we take them apart and do them again and again.
I've glued two of them to keep and they are hanging on the wall.
One of birds, and one of cows in a pasture.
When we don't want the puzzle anymore we will give it away
or when a piece goes missing, just throw the puzzle away.

Got all the puzzles we have out today and put them out on the table.
Didn't realize we had such a huge collection of them.
There are 40 puzzles.
We could open our own puzzle store!  🧩  🙂


We found a show on DVD from the library that is quite good.
It is a PBS show from Canada set in Toronto in the 1920's.

It is a lot like the Murdoch Mysteries which we liked as well.

Didn't finish the scarf yet but hoping to this evening.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone  🥰

Comment Replies:
Deb - Don't think you would care much for the Anne Rule books Ken is reading.  They are true crime stories about serial killers.

Vee - Yes, I washed those dirty coins that I found.

RK - No, Ken didn't throw the coins there for me to find. 🙂 He has been known to throw one on the driveway once in a while, but I don't count them.

Also about the money I find walking - I just save the coins.  I have found some paper money once in a while too.  A dollar here and there and one time I found a $20 bill.

16 comments:

Tom said...

...Ken's trains are amazing!!! Those puzzles would be puzzling to me.

William Kendall said...

You certainly go all out with puzzles.

Hill Top Post said...

You can never go wrong with a shot of the layout. We had a break from so much rain today. I loved feeling sunshine on my face. I recorded a 1930's David Copperfield movie. It was an Oscar winner way back then.

The Furry Gnome said...

Always enjoy your pictures of Ken's trains.

ellen b. said...

That is so sad when you get to the end and a piece is missing. I would throw it away, too. That is a lot of puzzles. It's about time for us to do one again.

Cathy said...

Love the Ann Rule books! No they are not for everybody.

Rose said...

You have a lot of puzzles! Have you ever did a photo mosaic one? I have did two or three of them. I have not done one of the mystery puzzles either.

Keep meaning to say I have read several of the Ann Rule books...

Ruth Hiebert said...

Interesting that your puzzle had a piece missing. I had one last winter that had a missing piece, but I packed the puzzle up and put it away. Just recently, when we moved the recliner in the livingroom, there was that missing puzzle piece. How it got under the chair, is more than I can figure out, since the puzzle table was on the opposite side of the room.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I once finished a puzzle and there was an extra piece in the box. It could be that when they pack the boxes, (which they fill by hand a piece at a time), they put an extra piece by mistake in my box.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

ken's train display is amazing. You do have a lot of puzzles. My library does not have many of the Anne Rule books, I checked.
Have a happy day, enjoy your weekend!

Vee said...

I should make some of your cookies today. 🍪 Glad that you wash the coins. ☺️ A blessed Valentine’s Day to you and Ken. ♥️

Michelle said...

Completing puzzles like those always overwhelm me.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - yes I looked up Ann Rule on Amazon and decided those books probably aren't for me, even though I do like Dateline and some true crime podcasts. I don't like to read gory details of murders. Wow, I love those puzzles. You sure have a lot. I have a few, but I haven't done a puzzle in a while. Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Sandi said...

The train photo looks close enough to real that you could have told us you walked down by the train yard today. 😊

Adam said...

Nice train set.

Lowcarb team member said...

Shame about the missing puzzle piece …
You've certainly got a lot of puzzles!

All the best Jan