Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Coins and more coins

Nice to be outside walking this morning.
42 degrees on a foggy drizzly misty morning, but no wind.
Sunrise 7:14
Left the house at 6:55 and walked to town.




 Made a big loop around town and walked around the ball park
loop and then back home again.

Along the side of the main road I looked down and there
was a penny.  Then another one, then a dime, a quarter
and I kept finding coins till I had found
2 quarters
5 dimes
4 nickels 
and 8 and 3/4 pennies.
They were all pretty dirty so wrapped them in the paper towel
I bring along with me. 
When I got home a laid them all out.


After washing them, they went into one of my glass banks
with the rest of the coins I've found over the years of walking.

I'm thinking I probably didn't see all the coins that were there
and maybe I'll find some more tomorrow.

Walked 6 miles

💰     💰

We went bowling again today.
The usual 6 of us bowled.
 My scores:
115
124
137
Ken's scores:
128
147
177

Afterward we all went to Ledo's to eat.
It was nice going to Ledo's because it is on the way home.

Now ready to enjoy the rest of the evening at home.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
happyone   🥰

14 comments:

Rose said...

I would love to know the story behind so many coins in one spot! Did you notice what the most recent date was on any of them. Also, how many times have you passed them and not seen them...just so many questions.

Tom said...

...Karen, you are quite a coin collector.

Vee said...

Wow! That was quite a coin haul. I hope that you do find more tomorrow. 💰 Did you check the years?

Hill Top Post said...

I love your foggy day pictures. I am always amazed at how different everything looks on foggy days. At today's rate, you will soon fill another coin bank. I never find coins when I walk, but have a good collection of feathers.

Sandi said...

One day you will look in that jar and see you have found one million dollars.

William Kendall said...

Every once in awhile American coins turn up in my change.

Granny Marigold said...

I like those misty morning pictures. Our sunrise was 7:25 today and we had another day with no rain. YAY!! Too bad the rest of the week will be wet.We did reach 8*C (46*F) so that was nice.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Yesterday we had the same foggy morning. We did see a little bit of sunshine in the afternoon, not for long. It is nice you are filling your coin bank. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy week ahead!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At last ... you found some coins to make up for all the times I read your blog and been disappointed that no coins have been found.

God bless.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Beautiful pictures from your walk. Wow that is quite a few coins. Kind of makes you wonder who lost them and why. Hope you have a good day today and I will see you again later!

Adam said...

Nice scores

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love those scenes with the road fading into the mist and fog. I do have to wonder what happened to that one penny.

Retired Knitter said...

That many coins found in one place. And then I thought maybe Ken planted them there for you to find. Did you ask him? One coin looks broken.

ellen b. said...

People in your town must all have holes in their pockets! I'm amazed at the coins you find.